62

Many Slytherins were constantly being attacked for being Slytherin

Many Slytherins were constantly being attacked for being Slytherin. Not that anyone would ever think of attacking me. Most students were too scared to make eye contact.

Regardless, Draco ordered Greg and Vince to be my designated protectors. We spent most days in the kitchens eating or by the courtyard discussing Quidditch strategies and defending younger Slytherins.

One of the days we spent at the courtyard, Theo and Draco were at their Ancient Runes class and Daphne was at her NEWT level Divination.

Vince and I were teasing Greg about Millicent Bulstrode.

"You invited her for Hogsmeade?" I gasp.

Vince chuckles. "It's a bit early for a Hogsmeade invitation, don't you think, mate?"

Greg blushes wringing his hands together nervously. "I just want to make sure I'm the first to invite her."

I laugh patting one of my best mates on the back. "You're great-"

I groan falling to the ground with an enraged red head appeared wrapping her hands around my throat. What on Salazar's pole? Ginny Weasley just launched herself at me.

Greg and Vince bellowed grabbing at her but I wave them away. I did not need help with Ginny Weasley.

"My, oh my, Ginverva, forgot to take your calming draught potion this morning?" I ask in between breaths she had her nails digging into my neck but I forced a smile.

Ginny Weasley bared her teeth at me. "You killed my brother! I know you did!"

I kick at her with all my might throwing her off and she pulls out her wand. I dust myself off taking my time and pulling out my own wand slowly. "Quite an accusation. Do you have any proof?" 

By this time students have already gathered around us. Greg and Vince lingered near waiting to intervene with eyes angry.

Ginny Weasley's face was red with rage. "He was the only one that didn't come back!"

"Aren't you quite young to know which ones make it back?" I tease twirling my wand around my fingers. "After all, that's why Potter left you behind right? Or is it because he doesn't return your disgusting feelings? Money less red heads not his type?"

"You Death Eater bitch!" She screamed pointing her wand in my face.

I laugh pulling the sleeves of my forearm up to show her that no- I'm not a Death Eater. Not by mark at least. "I would put your wand away if you know what's good for you. Your pitiful hexes won't work on me."

Ignoring my warning, she casts her hexes my way and I deflect easily without even using my wand. At this point in my life, wandless protegos came easily. I had to learn it if I wanted to survive.

Effortlessly, I wave my hand around in boredom repressing a yawn. Whoever said she was good in hexes was lying because Slytherin first years could do better than her.