18

I stayed with my grandfather at St

I stayed with my grandfather at St. Mungo's for a few days not going back to school or the Manor. The Malfoy's private wing had a proper bath and everything. It was easy enough.

Severus being my Head of House, thankfully, signed a letter excusing me from all my classes and sent notes and homework through our house elf. I busied myself with school work while making the most out of my time with grandfather. He was too tired most days but I still sat with him.

I've received many letters from my friends and even my teammates but I didn't have the heart to write back. Draco sent the most letters but even he- most especially him I couldn't write back to. I was afraid that if I started writing to him I would break down and cry.

It wasn't the time for that. It was a time to be there for my last relative. The man who single handedly raised me.

I kept up with my school work and reading. The year end examinations were coming up and I had to prepare. I had to make him proud. I had to live up to the Emrys name.

-

When I came back to school to do my practical part of the classes, I found my friends in the common room all looking ashen and grim.

Another thing I noticed was that in my usual spot beside Draco was Pansy Parkinson. She was stroking his arm and to his credit- he shrugged her away.

"Take a hint, will you?" He snapped venomously but Pansy just pretended she didn't hear him and continued to stroke his forearm.

Draco looked livid but too tired to push her away again.

"Hey."

Draco jumps to his feet when he hears my voice and crushes me in a long hug that makes my heart ache. I blink away the tears as Draco gives me a long kiss on the forehead.

The rest of our friends join us. They all wrapped us in one big hug. I lavished in the warmth and affection they gave still forcing my tears back. I was afraid that if I started crying again it wouldn't stop and I'd fall into a pit of sadness.

Thankfully, they don't push me to talk. Draco stuck to my side even when everyone pulled away from the hug. Daphne came to my other side she gripped my hand firmly not letting go.

Blaise stands in front of me and kisses my cheek in a brotherly way. His eyes were stormy and solemn but he offers a small smile. "You look well, Bellissima."

We don't talk after that sitting together in the common room. Pansy pushed away by Daphne with a nasty sneer from Theo.

"That filthy tasteless-" Daphne growled from her seat. "She's been pushing her nonexistent breasts on Draco's arm."

Draco held his breath looking down at me in a panicked sort of way. Did he think I was going to slap him?

"Not that Draco has been entertaining her." Theo cuts in hurriedly at the look I gave Draco. It wasn't like we had an understanding but Pansy Parkinson? His mum would never approve. P