3

"blood purity"

I held onto my grandfather tightly

I held onto my grandfather tightly. I was almost sure I was cutting off his blood flow but he didn't complain. We were both staring at the Hogwarts Express. The initial excitement that I felt when we were loading the trunks into the train was gone replaced by worry that my grandfather was gonna be alone in the Manor for a very long time.

It didn't even bother me that several people were ogling at us whispering our name and how brilliant Kal Emrys is. Apparently he even has 6 of my grand father's chocolate frog cards.

However, I couldn't help but glare at another student that commented on my grandfather's age.

"He looks like he's almost at Death's door." An older boy whispered loudly to his mother.

My eyes zeroed in on him. "Say that again. We'll see who gets to see Death first."

The boy instantly pales at my words. He didn't think I would notice him. I might be a snob to most but I wasn't deaf.

"Kallista Zenia Emrys, there is no need to acknowledge poverty now." My grandfather chides not even sparing them a glance.

I give one more steely look to the scared boy despite the angry man beside me and when I was sure the boy wasn't going to challenge me- I force an apologetic expression to show. "I'm sorry?"

My grandfather merely looks down at me with a shake of his head. "Do you have everything you need?"

I nod eyeing the train again. I haven't seen Draco but we promised to sit together. I just didn't feel like leaving my grandfather yet. "I have everything."

"Write if you've forgotten anything. I'll have it transported immediately. I've talked with Dumbledore. He's allowed to have one of our house elves to work in the Castle just to watch over you." I resist the urge to groan. It wasn't that I was ungrateful but no one else was having any of their house elves stay inside the Castle. "If you run into any trouble, send an owl or call the house elf. They will inform me. Severus will also watch over you."

"Oh, I've missed my Godfather."

"I'm certain he's missed you as well. He- will most likely not admit it."

We both share a laugh at the thought of my very emotionless Godfather admitting that he misses me. Don't get me wrong, we're very close- meaning I would talk incessantly about everything and anything and he wouldn't hit me with anything as I do it.

He would complain and threaten to hex me to oblivion if I don't stop but hasn't thrown anything at me yet or poisoned me in my sleep. Which is in my opinion a very good sign that he likes me.

The warning horn sounds just then and the grip my grandfather had on my shoulder tightens. "Do not forget to write to me." He says in a mildly threatening voice.