65

Christmas break came sooner than expected

Christmas break came sooner than expected. I welcomed the break with open arms. Already, I was on my last patience with some of our schoolmates. Ginny Weasley in particular.

After killing Dumbledore, Ronald Weasley and many of the old Death Eaters, I made a silent promise to kill only when necessary but the rage I felt for the tiny Weasley was overwhelming. She couldn't successfully land a curse on me so she targeted someone that wasn't known for her combative magic. Yes, Ginny Weasley targeted Daphne Greengrass. My best friend and confidant. Someone I've never seen lift her wand for anyone unless if it was for school practicals or doing her hair and makeup. Not once, not twice but four times she sent Daphne to the Hospital Wing bloody and barely breathing.

It took every muscle in my body not to kill her in front of the entire school. I understand she's mad for the death of her atrocious brother but he tried to kill Draco and repeatedly cursed many young Slytherins to the point that some of them had permanent disabilities. I did the world a favor. Potter and Granger didn't even get mad when they found out. Yes, they were heart broken but they saw it coming. Ronald Weasley was as mad as Bellatrix Lestrange.

It wasn't just the anger towards worthless people, it was plenty of things like the impending war, the possible casualties, the pressure that Potter almost got foolishly caught at Godric's Hollow with Granger and on top of all that I'm expected to pass my NEWTs and figure out where the other Horcruxes are.

To escape all that, Draco and I spend as much time in the Emrys Manor as we could. It was the only place that the Dark Lord couldn't come to and we lavished at the thought.

Merlin Emrys himself charmed these very walls with the greatest protection.

We were in bed pressed up and feeling each other's warmth. Draco left featherlight kisses on my shoulders softly going up my neck. I shivered and unlike the damn cold forest this was a good type of shiver.

"We can't stay here all break." I whisper my words almost stuttering because of Draco's actions. "The Dark Lord will eventually ask for us."

"Eventually but not at this moment." He whispers back brushing his thumb on my cheek and pressing an unbearably slow kiss on the corner of my lips.

I smirk tracing my fingers slowly down his hips.

"Don't start with me, Kally." He says dangerously low his eyes darkening.

Grinning mischievously, I press my lips on his. "Come again?"

Draco groans. "You're such a tease."

"What can I say? A few touches here, a little kiss there and I've got you."

"You certainly do."

"Do you think - after the war when we're married - we'd live here?" I ask quietly looking up at my bedroom wall.

Draco pauses and looks around as well. "I honestly wouldn't mind where we lived, as long as were together but I think the Emrys Manor is the best place."