24

Finally, Draco decides to remove his useless sling and join us for Quidditch practice

Finally, Draco decides to remove his useless sling and join us for Quidditch practice. Marcus splits the group apart. Today, I'm with Graham and Adrian. Graham and I were taking turns doing trick shots to get past Adrian. Draco was with the Beaters and our beloved Captain. Draco was trying to catch the snitch while avoiding bludgers and ignoring the incessant shouting from Marcus.

Graham smirks doing a particular strenuous trick shot and Adrian curses loudly when it goes through one of the hoops.

"You're such a show off, Graham." I say rolling my eyes at him.

Graham grins broadly and winks. "You saw that?"

"How could I not? You almost hit me with your broom." I pretended to dust my robes because of his dirty broom and we both burst out laughing.

This year, we're given new brooms by my grandfather before he passed on. All of us were fashioning customized black firebolts.

"It's the first Hogsmeade weekend tomorrow." Graham starts holding a new quaffle to throw.

He tosses it and I catch it faking Adrian and shooting a goal. "Yeah, I'm quite excited. It's my first time."

Graham pauses and smiles his cheeks turning pink. "Do you have any plans?"

I did have plans. For the past few days, all my friends could talk about was Hogsmeade. We were all going together. "Naturally, I'm trying out the Three Broomsticks."

"Oh, perfect, I'll see you there!" He flies away hurriedly leaving Adrian with me. I shrug sending more quaffles at our Keeper.

-

The next day, I put on a black slip dress with knee high boots curtesy of my favorite recent widower, Missus Zabini.

I wave my wand muttering a spell to put my hair in soft waves and another spell to apply a small amount of makeup.

Finishing my look, I put on a black furry coat given by Daphne's mum for my birthday. Satisfied, Daphne and I met up with the boys at the common room. She was dressed similarly but with a green beret.

Blaise let's out a low whistle. "Looking very hot, Kally. I see the work of my recently widowed mother."

"Your mother is always recently widowed." Greg remarks.

We all burst out laughing. Theo dutifully offers his arm to Daphne and she blushes taking his arm.

Draco walks up and offers his arm. There was a soft pink blush on his cheeks that was probably from the warmth of the common room. I take his arm and smile gratefully.

"You look good." He says not even glancing in my direction with his cheeks turning more red.

"Thank you. I really had no choice. Daphne threatened to tell your mum I was only going out in a jumper." I tell him as we walk out of the common room.