45

The first match of the season is Slytherin versus Gryffindor

The first match of the season is Slytherin versus Gryffindor. I wake up that very morning with a smile on my face and my blood pumping excitedly.

I'm fairly confident for my team. We trained well and we trained hard. I'm greeted at the common room by our housemates from all years already in our signature colors. They cheered and jumped the moment they saw me. I waved feeling a little shy of all the attention.

"Knock 'em dead, Emrys!"

"You got this, Kallista!"

"You're our saving grace, Captain!"

At the far corner of our common room, I could hear most of my housemates singing 'Weasley is our King' at the top of their lungs.

Draco and Blaise, the nutters, spent an entire night making a song to commemorate Weasley's first game in which he would fail in.

To their credit, it was incredibly catchy and annoying. Weasley will definitely love it.

I almost make it out of our common room when Draco wraps me in a long hug. "Good morning, love."

"Ready to win?" I ask wrapping my arms around him.

He laughs pulling away. "I'm ready to see Weasley's stupid face when he hears the song we made."

"Your dedication to Weasley's downfall is such a turn on." I tease taking his hand and pulling us out of our common room.

"I aim to please, love."

-

At breakfast, Blaise and Draco couldn't stop mocking Weasley. The poor red head was so nervous that he was white as snow.

"I can't believe he's the Keeper." Blaise says loud enough that the Gryffindors could hear. "He'll be going against our very own professional Quidditch player."

Draco chortles pounding on the table. "Might as well give us the house cup now to save time."

"Knock it off, Malfoy! As if you could catch the snitch before Harry." Ginny Weasley shouts standing from her seat looking livid and protective of her brother.

"The snitch Potter will catch just so he can finally end the game with your inevitable loss?" I answer back with my eyebrow lifted challenging her to go on.

She seethes tossing a pastry across the Great Hall in hopes it would reach us. "You're bloody awful."

"Oh, what horror someone wipe away my tears." I say dramatically rolling my eyes.

"I say, female Weasley, you're utterly protective of your brother. Is there inbreeding happening that we don't know about?" Daphne asks innocently.

The entire Great Hall bursts out laughing and Theo who was drinking from his goblet sputters out drenching poor Greg in pumpkin juice.

"How scandalous!" Blaise shouts. "Longbottom would be crushed to know you've been cheating on him with your brother."