66

"What are you thinking, love?" Draco asks during the train ride back to Hogwarts

Our group of friends turn to face us. We've just informed them of the events from our lunch with the Malfoy's.

I frown looking out the window. "Pettigrew."

They look amongst themselves for a moment and nod. "Who should we send for him?" Blaise asks nonchalantly.

"Adrian Pucey." Draco answers for me. "Stolen wand."

"How's Mundungus Fletcher?" I ask turning to Greg who grins mischievously.

"We won't have to worry about his loose mouth anymore. He just about revealed every Order member hideout when I cornered him."

I groan leaning into the window. "These Order members think so highly of themselves. Protected and hidden my arse."

"They're utterly predictable." Vince adds biting into his chocolate frog from the trolley. "Fletcher merely confirmed what we already knew."

Theo turned a page of the book he was reading. "You spoke with Ollivander before Potter arrived?"

I nod smiling pulling out my wand. "He said my wand is loyal and cannot be won over but can be very temperamental."

"Like it's owner." Blaise teases wiggling his eyebrows.

"What did he say about the Elder Wand?" Daphne asks eyes wide and eager.

Frowning, I turn away from my friends. "Everything we already know about it."

"You're the rightful owner then?" Theo presses abandoning his book.

Daphne's eyes widen. "The Dark Lord will come for you when he figures it out."

"He'll be long dead by then." Draco tells us determinedly.

-

Oddly, time went quickly after we returned to Hogwarts. The last two Quidditch matches came and was won easily. Harper was proving himself to be worthy of receiving Marcus Flint's most prized position -being Captain.

I would never admit it but I had tears in my eyes when Draco caught the snitch for the last game of our Hogwarts Quidditch career.

It was bittersweet.

Draco and I focused all our energy in passing our NEWTs and perfecting our plan for the end of the year.

Mysteriously, many of the old Death Eaters have been dying out but the Dark Lord was too distracted in his research on the Elder Wand to care for his men.

Arrogant and distracted, he ignored most of the flaws in our plan and we made the most out of it.

-

"She said what?" I chortle choking on my pumpkin juice. Daphne laughs and pats my back to clear my air passage. We were at an abandoned classroom having breakfast surrounded by silencing and locking charms.