40

Daphne smothered a gasp when she saw our robes with Prefect and Captain badges at the train

"As if that massive diamond bracelet wasn't enough! The two of you just had to be the Prefect and Captain." She breathed looking beyond happy for us.

Blaise wraps me in a long hug. "Bellissima, I've missed you. Mother has been worried sick. Come sit with me and leave that wretched Draco." He teases winking at Draco who grunts at him.

"We can't." Draco says nonchalantly standing up from our seat in the compartment and offering his arm for me to take. "Prefect meeting."

"You're such a swot, Draco." Theo muses wagging a finger.

-

The prefect's carriage is a spacious compartment near the front of the train. It was filled with older students that I didn't really recognize. Draco ignored most of them -even the seventh year Slytherin Prefect that greeted him- taking my hand to sit by the window.

Over the summer, Draco suddenly has an air of superiority about him. Not that he didn't have one before he tends to look down on people quite frequently but now he just looked like he was above school.

Draco offers the window seat which he knows I like and sits beside me crossing his legs and draping one arm behind my seat. He nonchalantly checks his expensive watch and looks out the window.

Granger soon enters with Weasley and their eyes widen focusing on the diamond studded bracelet on my wrist. I could feel Draco smirk proudly at their wonder.

"Blimey, you could feed an entire country with that." Weasley mumbles loudly grabbing the attention of the entire compartment of prefects.

Granger's nose scrunches up. "Aren't you too young for that, Kallista? Commitment this soon? What if you meet someone better?"

Draco pulls me closer to him, his face quickly changing from smug to possessive. "I don't expect you to understand, Granger." He says coolly barely regarding the girl. "And I certainly could care less if you don't."

Granger looked immediately affronted and Weasley was still trying to piece together what Draco said when the Head Boy and Girl walk in. They discuss rules and responsibilities. I listen intently while Draco traced circles on my back.

When we were finally dismissed, Weasley boasts about giving Greg and Vince detention. "I'll make them do lines!"

"Abusing your position already, Weasley? What will Dumbledore say?" I say sweetly feeling protective of my friends.

Draco mirrors my expression. "Wouldn't want to lose your badge on the first day, eh?"

Weasley's face drains of color. "As if you wouldn't abuse it!"

Granger coughs standing in front of Weasley. "I'll have you know, Ronald, got a prize for being Gryffindor Prefect."

"Weren't you going on about getting a new second hand Cleansweep for becoming Prefect?" I tilt my head to the side batting my eyelash.