32

After breakfast the next day, I sat alone on a bench by the courtyard reading one of my grandfather's old books

After breakfast the next day, I sat alone on a bench by the courtyard reading one of my grandfather's old books. I had free period, Daphne was off serving her detention- she slapped Cho Chang on the face when Chang was staring too long at Theo- and the boys were off Merlin knows where.

My book is suddenly shoved out of my hands by Weasley who smirks. "You're in my way." He says dusting his shoulder off like my ancient book from Rome was dirty.

"How could I possibly be in your way? I am literally on a bench, you prat." I snap bending to reach for my book but Weasley steps on it with his filthy feet.

The sudden urge to cry goes through my body. Not my grandfather's book. Anything but the books my grandfather left for me.

Weasley merely smiles wider. "Harry, look what I found."

Harry Potter who was walking past with Hermione Granger frowns when he sees Weasley standing over me. "What are you doing, Ron?"

"Are you gonna cry, Princess? Got your book dirty did I?" Weasley continues to taunt.

I stare back at Weasley venomously biting my lower lip to force my eyes not to tear up. I convinced myself that my grandfather has plenty of books. It didn't matter if one got a little dirty but my mind conjured his disappointed face and it was becoming harder to force my eyes to hold it in.

Suddenly, Weasley was on the ground with Draco's hands around his neck and a wild expression on his face. "Careful with your words, Weasley. They might just get you killed."

With Draco's comforting appearance, I breath in a sigh of relief. Blaise then comes rushing to my side and pulls me up from the floor. He starts looking for any possible bruises.

Greg is the one that grabs for my book and tries to wipe it clean with his robes while Vince stands guard beside Draco daring anyone to come for Weasley's aid.

"Get off, Slytherin. You're bloody mad!" Draco doesn't let go of the struggling Weasley. If anything, Draco pressed on Weasley further into the ground making him choke.

Potter comes to his rescue shoving past Vince and pushing away Draco who doesn't let go easily. When he eventually does let go he kicks at Weasley, hard. Draco whispers something in Weasley's ear and the gasping red head freezes looking at Draco in horror.

-

I felt ashamed that evening at the common room with my friends. I wasn't the type to just let someone bully and literally step on my things. The thought of someone ruining something my grandfather took good care of just consumed me.

"I'm sorry if you all had to save my arse like that." I say from my seat beside Draco.

They all look surprised with my words but Draco was the one that composed himself first. "We'll always be there to save your arse." He smirks going back to his game of chess against Blaise.

"I feel ashamed that you had to. He just caught me by surprise-"

"He ruined your grandfather's book. We know the importance. You don't have to explain yourself." Theo reassures giving a smile.

I have really good friends.

-

At our Care for Magical Creatures class, the privileged Slytherins stuck close together. We were smiling and teasing at each other when Hagrid called for the class.

Hagrid was glowing with excitement pointing at a number of crates. The class pressed forward to it slowly with worried looks. Most of the Slytherins stayed back- Daphne in particular stuck behind Vince in hopes our big friend would protect her from whatever was inside the crates.

A Gryffindor girl screamed when she saw what was inside and automatically the self preservation characteristics of the Slytherins kicked in and we all stepped away.

Draco grabs at my arm and pulls me back behind Greg.

"Is that? It's like a shell-less lobster." Greg whispered stepping back and pressing my body closer to Draco's.

"Blast-Ended Skrewts!" Announced Hagrid proudly. He goes on about how they're newly hatched and how we were going to make a project out of it.

I frown at this. "Are these even legal?"

Apparently, it didn't matter because the next thing I know Hagrid lifted one off the crate and put it on the ground. "This ones yours."

"Thanks, Professor." I tell him looking down at the deformed slimy animal? Was it an animal?

It didn't even have a visible head. "I need you to try and feed it. Go on, choose a partner. Treat it like your own baby."

Wordlessly, Draco stands beside me and peers down at the beast skeptically. "I hope our child doesn't look this hideous."

-

DADA class came next and the Slytherins all kept to ourselves. Something about the new Professor being an ex dark wizard catcher made us solemn.

Professor Moody is as mad as his name. Unforgivables were his lesson. I might be as mad as our new Professor but I appreciated his lesson. We read about the Unforgivables but I never actually knew what it looked like. It was both intriguing and disgusting.

Most of the Slytherins stay quiet the entire class letting the Gryffindors kiss Moody's arse. He performs three of the curses on a spider until Longbottom cries.