69

*for Severus Snape*

It felt cold and almost refreshing as I was hurled down wherever the memory was taking me

It felt cold and almost refreshing as I was hurled down wherever the memory was taking me. I honestly had no clue what I was expecting when I poured the vial over the pensieve and lowered my head into it.

The last thing I would have thought was falling into an older looking Slytherin common room. I feel my throat dry. I do not think I'm ready for this. Maybe I should have waited.

Looking around worriedly, my eyes land on a lanky frail boy most likely in his first year in Hogwarts. My eyes water when realization hits.

Before me is a young Severus Snape with the same crooked nose with the same oily black hair and the same beaded black eyes.

Beside him was the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen with chocolate dark brown hair. Her eyes were a captivating color and her lips had an ever present smile. She was gorgeous. My heart contracts at the the sight of her.

She was my mother.

She was even more beautiful than Missus Zabini.

My young mum was laughing along with Severus teasing him and whispering in his ear. It was probably their first year in Hogwarts. It was also the first time I heard my godfather laugh. I've never seen him so happy. They reminded me of my friendship with Blaise.

Across from them was a tall significantly older boy. He had on a prefect badge pinned to his robes. This boy was handsome with dark black hair and piercing blue eyes. A true Emrys.

He was my father.

My father smiled at the two waving at my mum. He even said hi to Severus who nodded back at him with a familiar look of respect.

The Emrys respect.

The memory starts to change to a crying Severus inside a Slytherin dormitory wrapped in luxurious Slytherin green blankets. They looked a few years older now.

My mum was beside him - she had on a beautiful diamond and gold bracelet now - comforting Severus and patting his back.

"Lily doesn't hate you, Sev." My mum whispers calmingly.

My father was on the other side trying to pry the blankets off of Severus but failing. My father now had a Head Boy badge pinned. "She probably forgot all about what you said already." He adds comfortingly whilst grunting when he tried to pull away the pillow Severus was buried in.

My parents had a big age gap. A good five years between them but they were destined for each other. As soon as mum was born, they were already intended for each other. That's how it was in the early pureblood community at least.

The memory changes again. It was only my mum and Severus this time. They looked older probably a year or two away from graduating from Hogwarts.

They were arguing loudly near the lake. "You can't join them, Sev!" My mum shouts looking incredibly upset.