4

"no sword bites so fiercely as an evil tongue"

By the time the train finally arrives at our destination, we were all in our robes

By the time the train finally arrives at our destination, we were all in our robes. We were all very excited.

Greg and Vince walked in front of us, making a path by pushing other first years and some second and third years as well. Daphne stayed right by my side and Draco at the other.

The boys were still arguing about how unfair it was that first years weren't allowed to bring brooms. Daphne and I tuned them out. She was silently telling me about her recent understanding with Theo.

"I think it's romantic." I tell her reassuringly.

We were all brought away from our conversation by a big man standing in front of us calling for all the first years to follow him. Loud whispers ensued but we all ignored them following after the big man that was surely half giant.

After our heart stopping view of the Hogwarts Castle we were round up right outside big double doors. A tall woman had instructed us to wait but Daphne was already back to talking about her summer.

Draco was a few steps away from us talking with a boy with glasses and insulting a ginger boy.

A bushy haired girl appears beside Daphne her eyes zeros in on me. Daphne sees her and turns up her nose. "Oh, you're Kallista Emrys. Your grandfather is legendary."

The entire group quiets at her rather loud declaration. Daphne buckles. "Tactless."

"Uh, thanks?" I say not really knowing what to reply when people compliment my grandfather. He deserves it, of course. I just really never know what to say.

The ginger haired boy turns toward me upon hearing this, eyes wide. "Blood hell, you really are Kally Emrys."

Draco all but snarls. "That's Kallista Emrys to you, Weasel." He never really did like it when other people called me Kally.

Our attention goes back to the woman who introduced herself as Professor McGonagall. She tells us that they're ready for us and takes us into the Great Hall.

It's so beautiful.

It doesn't take long before names were called to sit on a stool with a mangled looking hat. As all of my friends were called and sorted into the Slytherin House, I suddenly feel the nervousness. I had to be a Slytherin. Everyone I know is from Slytherin.

My entire family going back to Merlin himself was a Slytherin. I just had to. The disappointment would kill my grandfather if I wasn't.

Draco and I were one of the last ones to be called, sensing my ever growing nervous he gives me a captivating smile and takes a hold of my hand.

"Draco Malfoy."

He reluctantly let's go of my hand and shoots me one last look before sitting on the stool. The hat hasn't even touched his head before it screams, "Slytherin!"

Draco's smile was big and the cheers for him were even louder. He was after all, a Malfoy. In the pure blood community he's practically the lord, god and savior.

I felt happy for him. Before taking a seat, he gives me another reassuring smile.

I had to be Slytherin.

"Kallista Emrys."

There was a sudden hush that blankets the Great Hall. Every pair of eyes are suddenly on me. My body moves on its own. Narcissa's voice echoing through my head.

Chin up, shoulders back.

Remember who you are.

My eyes land on my Godfather who looks at me with a blank expression but tilts his head in acknowledgement. I force a smile as I take a seat, in my peripheral, I could see my friends most especially Draco giving me a small nod of his head.

The hat was a little too big and covers my eyes.

"An Emrys. A good mind too." A voice says. "Merlin would be proud of his new generation."

There was a pause as he hummed. My heart was beating erratically. I was afraid it would jump out of my chest.

"Slytherin!"

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Loud cheers erupted from the Slytherin table all clapping and smiling.

Well, welcome to the snake pit.

-

I sat beside Draco who made room for me beside Blaise who gave me a bone crushing hug. Daphne sat across from me with Theo beside her. Greg and Vince sat on either side of them.

A few announcements were made before the Headmaster claps his hands and food magically appears at our table. It was all so delicious.

The other house tables dove for their food but being Slytherin and being mostly pure blood meant we were all drilled the same manners growing up.

Everyone except maybe Greg and Vince- bless them- took their time taking food from our table. Backs straight, napkins on our laps, we all made polite small talk with the other people from our house while we ate our food.

"Kally, I've missed you terribly." Blaise starts as he took a sip from his cup, his posture immaculate. "I still cannot believe you spent the holidays with Draco in Spain than with me in Italy."

"I've missed you too, Blaise. You know my holidays are never complete without you." I tell him as I take a bite of my roll.

"Thanks a lot." Draco pouts before glaring at Blaise who smirks at him.

"I did very much enjoy with Draco though." I clarify to pacify him and he immediately perks up going back to his conversation with Theo.

Blaise shrugs his shoulders. "Mum did not go a day without mentioning you. My trunk is absolutely filled with things she bought for you in Italy."

Blaise's mum was like a second mum for me. She was so much like my own mum and she spoiled me rotten. Mrs. Zabini is a dreadfully beautiful woman known for her gorgeous good looks that Blaise inherited and her many- many husbands.

"How is her new husband?" I ask knowing if someone else had asked Blaise this he would throttle them but I was his best friend and he told me everything.

Blaise chuckles. "He'll be an inch from death in the next few months."

"Your mum is what I aspire to be when I grow up." Daphne comments with a proud nod.

This makes Theo pale to which we all broke out in laughter.