2

Dale woke me up with a tray of toast, eggs, and bacon in my bed. "Rise and shine, beautiful. Ready for school today?" He asked and I shook my head. "Can I not go?" I mumbled and he look confused, so I raised my voice a few decibels. "Can I not go?" I said in a whisper.

"You have to go to school, Sarah. I'll get arrested if you don't." "Can't I be homeschooled?" I muttered. "I don't have time to tutor you, I'm sorry." He said and I huffed as I chewed bacon angrily.

He left so I could get dressed. I got in my favourite faded black skinny jeans and a black crop top with a dark blue and purple striped jacket and my black combat boots. I pulled my phone from its charger and plugged the ear buds in and blasted 5SOS in my ear as I stuffed the rest of my breakfast in my mouth.

I did my makeup and slipped a signature bow in my hair to keep the side that wasn't completely shaved back.

I went downstairs and found my older cousin waiting to drive me to school. I got in his glossy black truck and he drove me to South Park High. I'm 17 and a junior, and now a newbie.

He parked and walked me into the office to explain that I was new and why I was late, and why I don't talk much. I'm mute to most people, but not to people that I know and trust. I should know that by now.

Dale walked me to my first class, with Mr. Garrison. The class had already started obviously, and when we walked in, I saw that they were doing Social Studies. "Hello. Can I help y'all?" He asked. "This is Sarah, she's new to South Park, Mr. Garrison..?" Dale said. "Yes, Sarah. I've heard that you were joining our class. Come to the front, please." He said and I walked to stand beside him. I eyed the puppet on his hand, but decided not to question it.

"Mr. Garrison? May I have a word, please?" Dale said, and I stared at him with wide eyes. He's never polite to authority figures. Mr. Garrison stepped out with Dale, so Dale could explain me and whatever.

I didn't look up at the class, but I could tell they were staring at me. My cheeks heated up, and my knees started to shake slightly. My hands also shook, but I balled them into fists in my pockets to try to control.

Mr. Garrison and Dale stepped back in and I looked up to him in fear. "Okay, you'll be fine. Just don't kill anyone, okay?" Dale said and I smiled at him, almost immediately calming down. "I know, no promises. Mr. Garrison, if anything happens, just call me." He means if I break down or anything. "Of course." Dale left and I was alone.

"Sarah, sit at that empty desk beside Kenny and Eric." He said and I sat down beside a kid in an orange coat and an overweight one in a red coat.

"Okay, where were we? Oh right, why are the Democrats and Republicans considered gangs by people in America?" He asked and I paid no attention for all class.

The bell rang around two or three hours later and people got up to go to lunch. I followed and got my lunch, a cheeseburger and a water bottle. I sat at one table that wasn't occupied and sat in the far corner, closest to the wall. Knowing no one would care or even pay enough attention, I plugged my ear buds back in and listened to my music on blast, as always.

I always have my music on blast cos I want to block out the world around me. If it isn't loud enough for others to hear, then the music isn't loud enough.

I ate my cheeseburger and listened to my shit, not paying attention to anything else. The cheese on the burger was melted, and I love it when that happens. Don't know why, just do.

Someone tapped my arm and I looked and saw nearly the whole class I was in surrounding me. I popped one ear bud out and my eyes darted around to them all.

"Hi! You're the new kid, right? Sarah?" One in a green hat said and I nodded. "Are you listening to rock music?" One girl with black hair said and I nodded. "My mom said that stuff will rot your brains! It's evil and it brainwashes kids into Satan worship!" She yelled and I held one finger up to silence her. I put my earbuds back in and turned the volume all the way up as one of my favourites came on.

She kept yelling at me and I made faces at her of confusion and pointing to my ear buds, finally sighing and flipping her off. "YOU'RE A BITCH!" she screamed and walked off, taking the rest of the girls with her.

"That was awesome!" A kid in a blue had with a red poof said and I shushed him and replayed the song.

It was one of my favourites.