40

The guys came over one afternoon cos apparently Kenny had something to tell me. My first thought was that he was going to break up with me. The second thought was that he was too nice to break up with me in front of his friends.

They came over and we gathered in my bedroom. "Go on, Kinneh." Cartman said. "I'm fucking going." He spat and looked at me and pulled his hood down.

"Sarah, we just got out of a fight, and really sorry for that misunderstanding again. I never want that to happen ever again, okay?" "I agree." I smiled as he held both of my hands.

"I saw the medicine on your table, and I know you need those to get better, but I found myself thinking last night about what if you ODed for real? I probably couldn't live with myself if that happened, so I thought you should know... That I have a drug history." He said and I bit my lip.

I knew it, but I didn't want to say anything to offend him or whatever.

"I know." "You know?" "Yeah, I know. I know a druggie when I see one, Kenny. I also have a drug history. So did Dale, my dad, and my mom. Also most of my friends in other states." I shrugged and their eyes all widened.

"What were you on?" Kenny asked, leading me over to the bed to sit down. "I used heroin... And ecstasy.... Don't ask why, just don't." "I'm not. What about Dale? He doesn't look like-" "crack. Dale used crack before he adopted me. He's stopped now, and so have I." I shrugged.

"Your mom and dad?" He asked warily. "It's alright. Mom used acid. Dad did pot and crack. Everyone else did marijuana." I shrugged again. I'm used to it by now.

"I would've thought I would've known you better or something..." He said and I grinned. "It was a long time ago, and now I'm better." I smiled and he pecked my lips.

"Wait wait wait... Sarah, you were a druggie? Since when?" "Uh... Maybe when I was four-ish? I don't really remember. My mom used to call me her little druggie." I said and frowned. "And you really can't believe that? You think I got this haircut while I was clean and sober?" I said and they laughed.

"I also have something to say." Cartman said in his "serious voice". "What now, fatass?" Stan sighed.

"I've been thinking. And bear with me on this... What if Sarah and Kenny... Got married?" He said and we all waited in silence. "Yeah? What about that?" Kenny asked. "Sarah, are you comfortable with spending the rest of your life eating pop tarts and toast for dinner?" He asked me.

"Yep." "Are you comfortable- wait what?" Cartman froze and they all stared at me. "I'm cool with it. I don't care how much money he has. Besides, if we ever get married, I'll have enough money to support our family, and his." I shrugged.

It was silent until Kenny kissed me roughly, me almost falling back from the force. "That's it. I'm fucking marrying you." He said and my eyes widened. "Let's save that decision for later, okay, buddy? I'm only seventeen." I said and he huffed. "Fine. I'll bring it up in a year." "You do that." I patted his shoulder.

"What the fuck just happened?!" Kyle asked. "Did you just get engaged or something?" Stan asked. "Long-term pre engagement." I said, thinking over my words. "Yeah!" Kenny agreed. "Whoa!" "Dude!" "What?!" They seemed shocked.

I was too.