21

A week later my purple hair started to be noticible that it was fading. I threw my hat and bow on in frustration and went to school, not taking my hat off today. "You're not taking your hat off?" Kyle asked in confusion. "Nope." I said and plopped down in my seat. "Why not? You love showing off your purple hair!" Stan said. "My hair is fading, and I need it to be reshaved." I huffed.

"You look fine." Kenny said and kissed my cheek. My cheeks warmed a little, turning a faint shade of pink. "I'm redying it soon, though." I said. "What colour?" "Not saying." I shrugged, not fully making up my mind yet.

The lesson went on, I left at lunch and went to the store and got some hair dye, three different colours cos I still don't know what I'm doing. I also bought more bleach, cos the purple needed to go. When I got home, I plugged my phone up to the speakers in my room. "What are you doing?" Dale asked me. "Redoing my hair! Can you help?!" I called over the music blaring out.

He came up and I handed him the electric hair razor and sat down at my dresser as he reshaved my hair, getting the back slanted and the fade right.

When it was all shaved and done, we snapped on rubber gloves and I took off my jacket and was left in a bra and we went to the bathroom connected to my room and went over the plan. He opened the window to let the smell of dye air out.

"Lowlights at the top and the tips to fade or ombre it, kay? Everything else is this colour. But we need to bleach first." I sighed and he got the bleach into my hair and we waited and danced and sang as the purple slowly faded from my head and my hair turned a white-blonde. "I CHIME IN WITH A HAVEN'T YOU PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF CLOSING THE GODDAMN DOOR, NO!" We sang at the top of our lungs and I rinsed the bleach out and Dale dried my hair.

We got the dye on and I sat and waited as he blowdried it until there was almost no wetness left, aside from the excess dye. I rinsed "TEENAGERS SCARE THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME! THEY COULD CARE LESS AS LONG AS SOMEONE'LL BLEED! SO DARKEN YOUR CLOTHES OR STRIKE A VIOLENT POSE! MAYBE THEY'LL LEAVE YOU ALONE, BUT NOT ME! ALL TOGETHER NOW! THEY SAY THAT TEENAGERS SCARE THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME! THEY COULD CARE LESS AS LONG SOMEONE'LL BLEED! SO DARKEN YOUR CLOTHES OR STRIKE A VIOLENT POSE! MAYBE THEY'LL LEAVE YOU ALONE, BUT NOT ME!" Dale and I sang and screamed at the top of our lungs as we dried my hair.

We fell back laughing and I turned the music down. "Teenagers really do scare me." He sighed. "Dale, you're tewnty six." I reminded him. "No difference. Your hair looks great." He said and I smiled. "Thanks, man." I grinned.

"Wanna go out for burgers since this family bonding thing is apparently happening?" He said and I smiled and nodded. I got my jacket and left my hat back and slipped the bow in. I left and got in Dale's car and he drove outside of town to my favourite bar and grill, Capital Ale House.

We got in and were seated near the back. "Hi, my name is Christie, what can I get you to drink today?" A nice looking waitress came over and asked. "Samuel Adams, please." Dale ordered. "Just a diet coke, thanks." I said. She nodded and went to get them. "You know I don't care if you drink, right? That's why we have fake ID's." He said. "One of us needs to drive, Dale." I rolled my eyes.

We ordered our appetizers and burgers, and HOLY MOTHER FUCKING OF SHIT BACON FRITTERS ARE HEAVEN. Just thought I should get that out there. The burgers were alright, too, but BACON FRITTERS DUDE. One day I'm taking Kenny here. Maybe all of the guys. I dunno.

We ate and went home, and Dale got a call. "Hey! What's up? No, I'm not busy." He shrugged and I rolled my eyes. "Oh really?! That's great, congrats! I'll tell Sarah, see ya soon." he said and hung up.

"What's happening?" "Your friends from Virginia, the Timberlakes are coming and moving to South Park." He said and my eyes widened. "Really? When?!" I asked.

"Tomorrow, around the time you get out of school. And I mean normally, not when you leave." He said and I grinned.
"Cool, I'm going to bed. Night." "Night." We said and I went to sleep with a faint smile on my face.