26

The night of the talent show, and I was more than ready. I had the perfect piano song picked out, and the perfect song picked out to go against Wendy.

Dale was helping me get ready by helping me get dressed and he did my makeup and was helping me warm up. "Hit a high note for me." He said and I rolled my eyes and hit a high note than humans could still hear.

"Close your eyes, I gotta do your eyeliner." He said. "Dale, not to be rude or anything, but are you sure you aren't gay?" I asked. "I'm not gay, Sarah. We went over this. I raised you and you made me learn how to do girl clothes and hair and makeup. This is all your doing." He said and I smiled proudly.

"Do you want lipstick or no?" "Lipstick is too much. Just do a tint." I said and he nodded and did the faint rose red one. I put on my jewellery and put on the two outfits.

When I was ready, we drove separately to the school, going to the auditorium. We got the order we were going in, and since I was going twice, I had to have at least one act between my two. First was the piano one, then at the very end was the sing off between Wendy and I.

The show started and a few people went, then I was called up. They moved a piano to the centre of the stage and I sat down with my sheet music, spreading it all out so I don't have to flip pages.

I looked out to the audience and have a small smile and waited for the cue from Garrison that I was okay to play. He gave me a nod, so I started slow, then started to build up slowly until I was doing too many parts at once way too fast, creating a beautiful sound from one instrument. I slowed down again for a little while, only to pick back up when I was confident enough.

The song went on for a while, and when I ended it with a flourish, the audience was in silence. I stood up and took a bow, and they erupted in applause. I grinned and went off the stage, Kenny greeting me by taking my hand and stealing a kiss from me. "You did great." I could see easily that he was proud of me.

I was proud of me, too. I fucking deserved it.

Jimmy told his comedy, Butters sang and danced, even Ike, Kyle's little brother, sang a song. Cartman sang a song and no one clapped for his fat ass, so he flipped off the whole audience. The goth kids did a song about something, and even Kenny got up to sing a bit of opera.

"Dude!" I said when he got back to his seat beside me. "I didn't know you sang opera!" I was actually shocked. "Haven't done it in a while." He shrugged. "You and Wendy are going up next." Stan told me and I sighed and took my bag to the bathroom. I changed my outfit and came back just as Wendy was getting on stage in a sparky revealing dress. I stepped up with a smirk, a CD, and a microphone and people gasped at us.

"Ready to get beaten, whore?" She asked. "Only if your ass is ready." I sighed and she glared at me. "I'll go first."