68

I shot out of bed, still in Kenny's parka and slid on my combat boots, quickly doing the laces. It was still dark outside, but getting lighter.

I raced outside and ran all the way to his house. "Kenny?!" I asked as Carol opened the door. "Hi Carol. Is Kenny here?" I asked. "No, he hasn't been home all night. I thought he was over at yours." She said and my eyes widened.

"Sarah, what happened?" She asked and lead me inside. "You must know how he can't die, right?" I asked and she nodded. "Yes, of course." "Well, to try and prove it to some other people, we committed suicide in front of them. Well, I'm the same. I die all the time, and I came back. This is the second time we've done this, and the first time he woke up in my bed. This time he wasn't there... So I came to see if he woke up here." I cried.

"Oh no..." She sighed. "Then I really don't know where he is..." She trailed off. "Is that his parka?" "Yeah... He said he wanted me to wear it when he died." I said. "Go put that on his bed, he'll come back." She said, so I did so and walked back out to her.

"He'll be out in a few minutes." She patted my shoulder. "Want anything to eat or drink?" "No, I'm fine." "You need something hot to drink, or you'll go into shock or something." She said and filled a mug with milk and put it in a microwave. I watched as she made me some hot chocolate with mint.

"Thank you, Carol." I said and took a sip. It was surprisingly smooth and soothed me instantly. "You're welcome, Sarah." She touched my knee.

"We haven't talked much, but I want to get to know you better. Tell me about yourself." She said and sat in front of me. I smiled and took a long drink.

"Well, what do you want to know? There's not much..." "I know that's a lie. There has to be a lot of my Kenny even thinks about dating for this long." She said and I smiled.

"Well, my favourite colour is a tie between blue and black, I'm seventeen, and uh... I don't really know what else to say." I laughed. "Where are your parents? I noticed you live with your cousin." She said and I nodded.

"My dad committed suicide when I was younger, and my mom is a murderous raging lunatic, and she's been in jail from when I was about six up to yesterday." I pursed my lips. "Oh, sorry." "It's okay. I'm used it." I shrugged and sipped the hot chocolate.

We talked for a long time, up until school was starting and Kenny walked out and I jumped up and crushed him in a hug.

"Why are you here?" He asked. "I woke up early, and you weren't in either of your beds, so I was worried..." I bit my lip and heard him laugh. "Don't worry about me. I'll always come back." He promised and I smiled.

"Have a nice time at school, or her house, whatever." Carol said and we walked back to my place, where most of our stuff was. We got dressed and Kenny put his parka on me, buttoning it up and putting the hood up and on.

"Won't you be cold?" I asked, my voice now muffled. "Nah. I'm used to it." He shrugged and grabbed my bag for me and I drove to school, too late to pick up the guys now. I rushed and we ran in and got to the class and I nearly tackled Stan.

"I need to see your phone right now!" I yelled, my voice muffled almost completely. "Okay... Here." Stan said in shock and gave it to me. I got to the videos and saw the one he took of Kenny and I yesterday.

"Here! He still has it!" I cried in relief. "Stan, do you remember filming this?" Kenny asked and I played it as they watched. "No! How the fuck- when did that get on my phone?!" He yelled, snatching it from us. "Did you two fake a suicide video and put it on my phone?!" He yelled at us.

"No, wait look!" Kyle said and we watched as Stan turned the camera to himself. "Oh my God! Holy shit! Kenny... Kenny and Sarah just killed themselves! Oh my God! No! Someone call someone or something!" He was yelling and everyone was freaking out.

"When did this happen?!" He yelled. We both sighed and looked to each other. "I guess there's no point." "Guess so." We. Shrugged and took our seats.

"Why are you wearing his coat?" Kyle asked me. "Cos she looks cute in it." Kenny answered and pinched my cheek. "Stop it!" I laughed and he leaned over and pecked my lips.

"There should so be a movie made about you two." Kyle sighed. "That would be the best movie ever." Kenny sighed. I went to one of my note books and started to work on something.

I wrote down everyone's name and started making crossing outs and circles of recruits I wanted.

All seriousness now, this was going to be hard if I wanted to beat my mother at her own game.