19

These lights are too damn bright. Even though my eyes were closed, I squeezed them shut further. I tried to put my hands over them, but another hand was stopping me.

I opened my eyes and blinked to let them adjust to the light and I saw Kenny, hood up and tight, next to me in the chair asleep, hand holding mine tightly. I smiled. "Kenny." I sighed and he woke up and looked at me.

"Sarah!" He said happily, voice muffled from the hood. He pulled it down quickly and hugged me. "Kenny... What are you doing here?" I asked. "I'm you're boyfriend, thought I should at least see my girlfriend when she's in the hospital." He shrugged. Then I remembered what happened.

"Where were you at school? You didn't show up, you had me worried sick!" I said, tears refilling my eyes. "Sarah, I'm sorry. I didn't want to worry you..." He said and hugged me gently.

"I thought- I went to pick you and the boys up and they told me you walked, I thought you were avoiding me... I thought I screwed up and you- you hated me..." I trailed off, my lip wobbling. "Baby... No." He said and my heart fluttered a bit when he called me baby.
"I walked because I went to the store to get you something. I got held up cos there was one bouquet of flowers left and this other douchebag wanted them for his slut of a wife, but I got them. I just got to school the time you broke down." He said and broke eye contact with me once to look over at the beautiful flowers arranged perfectly in a vase beside my bed.

"You got those for me?" I asked, breathless and he nodded. "Goddamn, Kenny. They're beautiful." "Just like you."
"You fucking sap." I laughed before kissing him. "Thank you, really. I love them." I smiled. "You're welcome. Sorry for worrying you near to death." He said and I smiled sadly. "It- it wasn't you..." "What was it? I mean, I'm glad it wasn't me, but baby, what was it? You can tell me anything. I'm not going anywhere." He said, kissing my forehead softly.

"STAHP SUCKING FAAAACE!" I heard Cartman yell as he walked in with Dale, Kyle, and Stan. "Dude!" Kenny complained. "Sorry dude, she's our friend too." Stan shrugged and Kenny plopped back in the chair next to me, not letting go of my hand.

"Sarah, honey, I need you to tell me what you saw." Dale said and I sighed and nodded.

"She was uh, teaching me to fight, and uh telling me to not be stupid, and I killed him." "You didn't kill him." "But I did!" "No, you didn't. She only needed to blame someone, you didn't kill anyone." Dale said, patting my other hand.

"Who?" "What?" "Huh?" "The hell?" The boys asked. "Her mom was abusive, and blamed her for her dad's death, even though it was suicide." Dale quickly explained, and Kenny kissed my forehead.

"How'd he die?" "He shot himself through the head." "No, I shot him." "No you didn't. Her mom convinced her that she killed her dad only because Sarah was the one who saw the suicide." Dale said.

"Can we uh... Not?" I mumbled. Instead, we talked about random stuff to pass the time.

"Visiting hours are over, honey. Say bye to your friends." A nurse came in and said. "Kay. Bye guys. See ya, Dale. Kenny." I smiled and bit my lip. He smiled and leaned over and kissed me gently, but quickly as to not get remarks from the guys. Especially fatass.
They left and I turned to the nurse. "Excuse me, I was just wondering how much longer I had to stay here." I said and she looked over and smiled at me quickly while checking my records on the clipboard.

"Just overnight, to make sure nothing goes wrong or you don't break down again. If you're fine tonight, you can go home tomorrow after lunch." She said and I nodded. "Kay. Thanks." I smiled. "Sure, sweetie. Anything I can get you?" "Maybe just a bottle of water or something?" I said and she nodded. She left quickly and got me two bottles of water and I drank half of one, realising how thirsty I was.

After I went to sleep, humming Ed Sheeran inside my head. The scent of roses and Baby's Breath drifting through the room...