Chapter 6

"My lady! Be careful!" shrieked Lin.

I shushed Lin,"Lin, keep it down and hurry get up here."

"My lady, I'm afraid. " she said.

"Lin, give me your hands." I said softly and lean down with my one of hand open to grab her.

She reach for my hands and grab it. I help pulled her up to the tree. I slowly lower myself down from the tree over the wall but then.
"Who's there!" Bark the guard.

I got startled as I slipped and fall to the ground.
"Lady Liling, are you alright!" yelp Lin.

Owww.
I groan quietly. I got up and rub my butt.

"Shhh," I said and put my pointer finger against my lips.

I signal her to come down. She slowly low herself down, her body shaking. I help her down and soon I can hear foot steps from the other side of the wall rushing over to the tree. Lin reach the ground nicely as her body was full of cold sweat dripping down her forehead.

"Come on, Lin before they noticed that we are gone." I whisper and we quickly sneak to the market.

We reach to the market; it was crowded with people and lots of stuff being sell. I walk around to see if I can find something that can help me. I see jewelry, food, and many more things. Soon enough I saw something that caught my eye; I stopped.

"What this?" I ask the owner.

"Oh, this is a smoke pipe." He said.
A smoke pipe?

I pick it up and examine the pipe.
Hmmm.
The pipe was a bamboo that had a metal cup attach to it.

"I'll take it." I said and pay for it.

"My lady, why do you need that?" Said Lin.

"You will find out soon. Come on let go back now." I said while smirking and heading back.

We reach where the tree and the wall -overlap each other; however, we see the cartage of the 4th prince and concubines arriving back.
Crap, they back so soon!

"Hurry Lin, they are back!" I said. I quick jump for the tree branch; however, I didn't make it close enough to grab on as I once again leap up.
Come on, so close.

Once again I missed. There I heard the guards greeting the 4th prince and 3rd prince.
Oh man, I got to hurry.
I backup and then ran towards the wall and jump. I again missed the tree branch, but I did caught on the wall ledge.

"Lin, help push me up" I said and Lin push me up.

I lifted my leg over the wall and shifted my body over the other side and push myself up-which I was on the narrow ledge. Then I slowly reach for the branch. I grab the branch and reach down form Lin hand. She gave me the pipe then I help pull her up as she latch onto the wall. We slowly made it down the wall.

"Come on." I whisper and we hurry back to my court.

I walk in my room as I pull out the smoke pipe. I started to examine it more in depth.
Hmmmm,
I thought.

Out of nowhere, a outburst of a voice calling out.
"4th prince arrival!" said someone outside.
Why is he here?
I hurry hid the smoke pipe under my uncomfortable bed and I lay on the bed as if I was resting.

He walk in as I slowly got up to make it believable that I was resting.

"Your highness. What brings you here?" I ask.

"The guards have said that I have given you permission to go out after you said you won't feeling so well." He said.
Oh those tattletalers.

"Well, I was going to follow you guys because I was feeling a little better." I said quietly and humbly. "But they won't let me, so I return back and rested just like I said." I finish speaking.
He looked at me coldly and took his leave.
Okay then, just leave. Rude.

Once he left, I pull my sleeves up and put my hands on my hips.
"Geez, this place sucks; you have to ask permission to go anyway." I said annoyed.

"Lady Liling, what do mean this place?" Said Lin confused.

"Oh, nothing. Just forget." I said and quickly draw my attention back to the smoke pipe.

I climb on the bed and lift the mattresses while I pull out the smoke pipe. I sat flat on the bed a examine the pipe.
Hmmm, what to do?

"Got it. Lin hand my a knife." I said.

"What! My lady why do you need such a thing?" said Lin shocked and worried.

" I just need it." I said.

Lin hesitated and soon left the room. Once she enter the room again; there I was banging the bamboo smoke pipe again the edge of the table. I look up to find that she had reach me.

She reluctantly gave me the knife and I took the knife and bamboo smoke pipe outside. Once I step outside, I look around to make sure no one is around. I crouch down and make the pipe- stand straight up- then I began to stab it on the side that has no hole. I try to make another hole just the same size like the other side. I twisted the knife back-and-forth.
It didn't work, so well so I began to saw it down.

~few minutes later~
I finally finish cutting a small amount of the edge off the bamboo pipe.
Yes, I finally done!
I raise the pipe and looked through the hole.

" Lady, could you please tell me what is this for?" ask Lin.

"Fine, this will help me get honey." I said as I pick it up and headed back to the room.

"How, My lady?" Said Lin.

"You will see." I said as the night fall.