Chapter 10

Soon I saw a beautiful dark grey mountain far past the wood and beyond; it looked like a painted image and could never be reached. There I saw the tiny tippy top of the mountain was crystal white as it gleamed like a star.

Oh, wow this mountain is pretty especially that snow on the tip of the top. Wait, snow! Snow! Snow which leads to ice and that leads me to going HOME! I need to go there!

My face lightened up and I soon began to call out Lin's name as a tiny figure came running in. "Lin, prepare me a pack of things for me. I'll be going on a trip." I said super excited.

"Where are you going?" wondered Lin.

"To the mountain." I said and pointed to the mountain from beyond.

"My lady, that's too dangerous for you and else you have to ask permission from the 4th Prince." said Lin.

"What? Why?" I said.

"Did you forget you are his concubine?" said Lin.

"So" I said not caring for his opinion on this.

"But.... my lady-" Lin tried to say.

"It's fine." I said as she gave up.

"Yes, I will go now." she said softly, but looked at me.

Then she stopped at the doorway."My lady, may I ask you a question? Please don't be angry with this servant." she said softly yet afraid.

"Yes?" I said as I wandered.

"Are you leaving now because the 4th Prince is getting married today with Lady Qingyuan, one the minister's daughter." said Lin and worried for me.

What the 4th Prince is getting married today. I didn't even know. Oh, well.

I cleared my throat, "Of course not. I didn't even know it was today and I don't want anything to do with that pervert." I clearly stated.

"Oh, my apologies, my lady. I'll be heading out to prepare your packs for your journey then," said Lin and left out of the room.

Why would I care about the 4th prince? He's not my husband or lover; I'm just stuck in someone else body who I guess loved him dearly.

I draw my attention back out of the window while constantly staring at the mountain with its snowy peak.

I'm coming home . . .

Soon something caught my eyes, there I saw tons of maids setting up the wedding ceremony with lots of red ornaments. I lean on my left hand and watch them set up in a rush.

It's sure to be a big wedding.

Then the door opens, I turn my head to see Lin back.

"My lady, I have finished setting your bag for your trip." said Lin and handed me a bag.

"Thank you, Lin," I said while I received it from her.

"I'll probably be leaving tomorrow morning and report my leave to the 4th Prince tomorrow as well due to his wedding being tonight." I responded and set the bag down.

"Yes," said Lin uncertainty.

Soon the sunset began to disappear as the wedding ceremony began, loud noise rang through the night. There I sat by the window with my hair loosening while it fell against my shoulder and my clothing slowly slipping off. I stare down the wedding ceremony to see tons of people and slowly shift my gaze up at the sky with my lantern kite still up in the air.

I hope I can go home soon . . .

I was pleased with the lantern.

It soon became too loud for me to stand, I pulled on the string of my kite. I continued on pulling until once I had the lantern in my hands; I closed the window and hooked it back, then placed the lantern kite on the floor. I got up and Lin entered.

"Come, my lady." she said. She guided me to the table and placed food on the table. I began to eat and soon Lin helped me dress into my sleep wear.

People still were loud as music played loudly while I was laying bed tossing and turning from the bed and the noise.

Ugh, it's so loud and this bed!

I sat up in bed as the noise lessened and soon became quiet. I got off the bed and headed towards the window; I unhook the window and open it. There I see people leaving and maids cleaning up, hours later, it was completely empty.

Finally, I can get some sleep. *yawn*

I stretch and walk back to bed while I crawl onto bed. I pulled the blanket and lay down on the uncomfortable bed while my head was on the hard pillow. My eyes soon began to close as a noise rose at my door. My eyes spring open and I turn my head towards the door.

What was that? It's probably nothing. Close your eyes and sleep.

I clench onto the blanket tightly in my hands and force my eyes shut.

There again a noise springs up. My eyes shot open as I slowly got off the bed with fear in my body. I inhaled deeply and slowly until my breath was still. I walk toward the door, taking each step slowly and quietly. I open the door slowly to see nothing, but completely darkness. I took a step out of my room and scanned around to find nothing again.

*Sigh* it was just my imagination.

I relaxed a bit and a huge burden was lifted.

The moon light shone dimly for no one to see anything, but it was still a peaceful and beautiful night. Soon I felt a warm wind passing my cheek as the corner of my eyes saw a hand figure. I was about to turn, but the cold hand already wrapped my mouth; I then began to struggle with my eyes showing fear. I was pulled back tightly as I felt the person's cold body behind me. I used both of my hands to remove the hand from my mouth; however, the hand gripped tighter on my face.

"LET GO!" I mumbled against the hand.

Soon I felt a cold tinkled against my ear as I felt the person blowing in my ear; I began to shudder.