Chapter 33

The next day, tons of maids began to clean and set up for the festival. Soon the place was filled with bright colors and tons of decorations, covering the whole place. Tonight was the royal family reunion where we all celebrate and eat with the Emperor.

There I sitting by the table and sipping a cup of tea. Today, I wore a very light blue, that appears as a white color, hanfu with bamboo designs around the edges of the sleeve and a couple on the dress. As I had on a silver hairpin with a small white gem that has tiny carving, the shape of a rose. We all were in our seats with plates of food in front of us: gleaming dumplings, glowing fried fish, steamed fish, golden brown spring rolls, and many more. I had to control myself from not eating it all at once or even touching because no one was touching the food. Then the emperor has arrived.

"Long live the emperor from many many years....!" people chanted.

"Alright, settled down," he said and waved his hand as it soon became silent.
He gave a toast and everyone began to eat.

I pick up my set of chopsticks and went straight for the dumplings, and I stuff it into my mouth. Then I went after the fish, but I felt like people were staring at me so I turn my attention to the rest as they all stare at me. I smile at them and continue on but in a decent manner. After finish eating, everyone was talking and drinking wine, mostly the men, as the dancers came in to entertain us. Once they were about to begin. . .

Out of nowhere, 5 men in black clothes with their faces covered up had jumped down from the roof. They all had long sharp swords as if they will not let their chance get away from them as they charge towards the emperor. The dancers scream in fear and quickly ran off in every direction, and soon everyone was hurrying out. One of the men have got close to the emperor and struck his sword toward the emperor as the emperor quickly move out of the way, and another sword came crashing against it. At the moment, the 1st prince was up there with his sword blocking the attack.

"PROTECT THE EMPEROR!" Someone shout and a large amount of guards has appeared. All the princes expected for the 5th Prince - of course, he was too young- jump out of their seats to fight against the 5 men.

Many people were shoving their way out as I was in the middle of it. Even in the midst of chaos, I notice the 5 men constantly aiming at the Emperor -obviously- but also the 1st Prince as they tend to surround him. They soon knew that they were outnumbered and fled, but then instead of going after them like the rest, the 3rd prince quietly slips out and disappear. A fishy smell roar in my gut and I quickly shove my way out to follow the 3rd prince.

Once I step out of the palace and away from the crowd of people who were screaming and still running away, I scan around to no longer see the 3rd prince.
Hmmm, where did he go?

I head toward a dark pathway by side the palace as the building's shadow covered the pathway that gave off a spooky feeling. I made my way through and continue to scan to find him, but nothing. I walk deeper into the pathway and nowhere near the screaming people as I could barely hear them. It was completely dark and I could only rely on the shadows and shape of anything. Then I felt a cold sharp thing against my neck.

"Don't move or you are dead." said someone in a husky voice and seems to be out of breath.

There I knew the long sliver blade was right against my neck, and my body froze in place. I think I was so scared that I don't think I was breathing. Then I did an unbelievable thing, I slowly turn my head to try to see who was this person.

"I told you not to move! Do you not understand or do you want to die right now!" He shouts and lifts the sword closer to my neck as I gulp in fear, but my body would listen and slowly lean away from the blade.

"Ahhh, w-wait! WAIT! WAIT!" I blurt out as my mind was going blank.

"And why should I wait. I can get slice right here and you will be dead.'' his word rolled down my spine with a cold shiver.

I tried to think quickly. My mind was calculating like crazy with words running down and cross my whole head. I became frantic and antsy.

"I mean like what's the reason killing me when I'm not your target. It's just a waste of time." I tried to make any excuse.

"Oh really? Who's my target then?" he said 'playing along' with me, "and might as well have more fun, killing people." he joked (hopefully).

"Well, it's obviously the emperor, but your real intention is to kill the 1st Prince," I stated quickly and completely bypassing his little joke he just said awhile ago.

"I guess you know the truth now, then I have to kill you," he said and truly meant it.

"Wait . . . wait ... wait ... wait ...wait," I said, trying to stall and think quickly. I scan around to see nothing that could help me escape.
Wait, an idea pop in mind. It's risky but.... at least I have to try.
"Too bad. I hate people who stall," he said and tighten his grip on the sword.

I took my chance and lift my left foot slightly then stomp down hard onto his feet which was a distraction as he groans in pain. I then use my right elbow to swing back to hit hard on his chest which made him stumble back a little bit, and I quickly turn my body but at that moment the sword caught on my neck as I felt a slight sharp pain on my neck. However, I couldn't just stop there so once I was front in of him I lift my right leg and shot up towards his private spot with a strong force. He groans in pain and fell to the ground all curl up. That was my cue to run for it, my legs were already on the move.

I didn't know where I was running but all I could do was just ran away as far away from him. Thankfully the moonlight broke through the clouds and help me see a bit better. As I was running, I touch the pain on my neck and saw dark red blood over my fingers.