Chapter 52

Both Princess Hua Lan and I finally left the kitchen. "Didn't that guard seem weird to you?" I ask.

"Yeah, a little bit," she said.

That guard doesn't seem trustworthy....

"Do you know if the two maids that were accused at first are still in the jail cells or out?" I ask Princess Hua Lan.

"Umm, I'm not sure." Princess Hua Lan said before she was about to go back to take care of the 1st Prince.

"Alright, I'm going to continue to look but you go ahead and take care of the 1st Prince. If I find anything I'll tell you," I said before we split up in our ways.

Hmm, who do I ask for information?

A couple of minutes later, I arrived at the small gazebo by the still pond while I was standing there alone.

I guess the Emperor is probably busy trying to figure out this problem. I guess I have to find someone else........

Soon I arrived at someone's court and asked around, "Is the 2nd Prince here?"

"Sorry, but he just went out." answered a maid.

"Oh, thank you," I said and left the 2nd Prince's court. I then began to tap my pointer finger against my chin, hmm who else?

Then came an image of the icy 4th Prince that appeared in my mind. "Ugh," I said before I dragged myself to that snobby Prince. Once I arrived and entered his court, I abruptly opened the door to his workroom without knocking. There I saw Consort Qingyuan with the 4th Prince which startled me. "Oops, sorry...," I said as my heart had this weird sour feeling.

Consort Qingyuan soon pulled an act and said, "Oh, Concubine Liling. I didn't expect you to come in," She shyly covered her lips with her hand as the 4th Prince didn't say anything which kind of bugged me.

I shoved out that feeling and cleared my throat to begin my act as well, "My apology for my interruption, but I'll like to have some private discussion with the 4th Prince. If I may?" which brought sourness to her face.

I slightly tilted my head and looked at the 4th Prince. "Well, I don't have anything to talk to you so if you may, please leave. I'm kind of busy." He answered, which startled me.

Is he on his period? Why did his mood change out of nowhere?

I pulled a fake smile and said, "Alright then." I left his workroom and shut the door behind me. I whisper slowly, "What's wrong with my chest? It feels odd." I place my hand on my heart and slowly close my fingers to form a fist on my heart. My lips form a thin line as an image of the 1st Prince appeared.

Jasmine, you have a job to do.

I stood firm and shrugged off feeling, and went back to the kitchen.

"Greetings Concubine Liling," Maids said and bowed their heads as I smiled. "Umm, do you know if the two maids that were accused of poisoning the tea are around?" I said and stopped a maid.

"Yes, one of them is over there and the other one I am unsure," the maid replied.

"Thank you," I said, nodded my head and went in the direction the maid said. There I saw the maid, who brought the tea to the 1st Prince, as she was working "Excuse me," I said as the maid turned to me and was startled.

"Concubine Liling," she said and bow her head to me.

"Umm, sorry but I have some questions to ask you about that day," I said before her face darkened. "I apologize in advance," I said humble and she slowly nodded.

There I began to ask questions, "What's your side of the story?"

She begins, "Well, I was told to bring this tray of teapot to the table where the 1st Prince is so I brought it to the 1st prince, and then I was accused of putting poison in the tea." I nodded my head following along with her story.

When she finishes her side of the story and asks again, "So when you grab the teapot did you personally see Dancer Liulang?"

She thought for a couple of seconds to recall and said, "Umm, I don't remember seeing her when I came to grab the teapot but I do remember when I was going to the ceremony, I did have a feeling that someone was watching me."

"Did you see anybody?" I asked, but she shook her head in reply."Okay, did get the chance to see what was in the teapot?"

"No, I was just told to bring this teapot to the 1st Prince's table as soon as possible," she answered.

"Okay, thank you. Umm, do you know where the person who made the tea is?" I ask one more time.

"She just went out to do some errands just a while ago. She is probably around the corner," she said before she went to do her work.

"Thank you," I said and left the kitchen. I then went around the corner to find her as she said, "Greetings Concubine Liling"

I nodded and said, "I'll like to ask you some questions about that day."

She straight-up blurted, "I DIDN'T do it!"

"I know. I just want some information from your side of the story," I said, trying to settle her down. "I want to know if you saw Dancer Liulang come into the kitchen? And what's your story?" I ask.

She was silent for a minute before she spoke, "Well, she did come in just after I finished making the tea that was supposed to be brought to the 1st Prince, but I didn't see if she put anything in there because I had to get more tea leaves along with hot water. However, she was around where the teapot was''.

I nodded and said, "Okay, and your side of the story?"

"My side of the story is that I was told to make tea for the 1st Prince table so I did my very best to make the tea and soon Dancer Liulang came in and the next thing I just heard the prince had been poisoned then I was accused of doing it," she finished.