Chapter 41

"NOOOOOOO!" I said, going crazy in my room as Lin tried to help me calm down, but it didn't exactly work out. "This can't BE HAPPENING!" I screamed and was pacing back and forth in my room.
"My lady, please calm down. It will be alright." Lin said, trying to comfort me.
"My quiet days will no longer be here......." I whine. "Wait..." I said as an idea popped into my head."I got it!" I shouted and a smile appeared on my face.

It was a new day as the sun was out again to start the new day. However, today the atmosphere was quite not right, especially in a certain room. There I was lying in bed while I was using anything that was burning hot such as a hot teapot or towel dip in hot water to heat me up.
Then a knock appeared at the door and someone called out, "Concubine Liling."
Lin quickly hurried to the door and I lay back on my bed and slightly closed my eyes to hear Lin open the doors. "The 4th Prince told me to inform Concubine Liling to go to his workroom,'' said someone at the door.
I open my eyes to see Lin, looking back at me and then I nod my head to give her the sign and shut my eyes again to hear her sigh. "Ummm, my lady is not feeling well. Please inform the 4th prince," she said.
"Yes," said the person at the door and left before Lin closed the door.
Once I hear the door close shut, I ask, "Is the coast clear?"
"Yes, my lady," Lin said quietly and I broke into a smile, then I jumped out of bed.
"Yes," I said and stretched my sore arms, but then.
*Knock knock*
As someone again knocked the doors, and then I quickly jumped back in bed; Lin helped me quickly put the blanket on me before she quietly rushed to the doors. Once she was in front of the door, she tried to compose herself and then slowly open the doors as I quickly shut my eyes. "Yes?" Lin's voice squeaks.
"The 4th Prince said he will send a doctor to check on Concubine Liling," inform the guard.
"Ah, yes......" Lin said nervously and reluctantly before she closed the door as I quickly shot up.
"Lin, quickly bring me that hot teapot and put it under the blanket!" I said while Lin quickly scrambled to the table then to the bed. She lifted the blanket and placed it by my feet. "Lin, take off the lid and tuck me in!" I said again s Lin quickly threw the blanket over me and began to tuck the blanket under my body so no air could escape.
"Lin, please bring me a hot towel!" I said hurriedly and she quickly rushed and grabbed a small towel that was dipped in hot water. She then squeezed out the extra water and hurried to me. Lin then handed it to me, and I took it and started dabbing it all over my face and neck.
"Am I hot enough?" I ask Lin.
Lin then touched my head and said, "Yes, you are very hot. Are you sure you're not actually sick?"
"No, I'm fine, but I'm dying of heat, though," I said, breathing heavy and started fanning myself with my hands "When is the doctor coming?" I said, becoming impatient.

Then a knock came at the door and someone shouted from outside, "Doctor is here!"
Lin quickly soaks the towel once more as I quickly dab it over my face and neck one last time before I hand it back to her. Lin quickly toss in the bowl and run to the door."Come in, " Lin said and opened the door in a calm structure while she slightly bowed.
I quickly closed my eyes and made myself relax as I heard footsteps coming towards me and then I felt the bed sink a little as someone sat down beside me. Then I felt the doctor's hand on my forehead. "Oh my, she is burning up. Take these medicines and give it to her. I will inform the 4th prince. Let her rest," The doctor said and got up from the bed and soon I heard footsteps leaving the room.
I peek open one of my eyes before the door closes and lift my head, "Is it clear?"
Lin nodded her head as I exhaled and flung the blanket off me and continued to fan myself.
"The 4th Prince is COMING!" shouted a voice from outside. Both of our eyes widened, and I rushed back to bed as Lin tucked me in again. After she finished tucking me, she quickly hurried to the door and opened it, I then shut my eyes. Footsteps entered and became louder once they were close to me. The bed moved as he sat down and there was silence for a few minutes as I was enduring the heat.
Finally, he spoke, "If Concubine Liling is sick then I will stay here and work from here."He got up from the bed and I opened my eyes a little bit to see his back facing me. I then fully opened my eyes and mouthed the words "WHAT!", and he slightly turned his head to me as I quickly shut my eyes. "Bring me my papers. I'll be staying here to watch her," he said.
Come ON...!
I whined in my heart.