Chapter 64

The next morning arrived and my eyes slightly opened in annoyance. I groan and turn myself over as I pull the sheet over my shoulders and snuggle back to sleep. Then the door opened and shut as I covered the blanket over my head.

"My lady?" Lin called me and caused me to slightly growl.

Lin slightly chuckled, "Come on, my lady." Lin tucked the blanket away from me.

"Hum," I mumbled an agreement for her to leave me alone.

"It's morning now," she continues to persecute me and pull off the blanket.

"Whatt," I whine and turn over.

"It's time to wake up and start the day," Lin said and I shove my face in my pillow as if I was saying there's no way I'm not getting out of bed.
"My lady, today is the Mid-Autumn Festival," she bribed me. "And there's going to be lots of mooncakes and lanterns," she continued as my ear perked up.

"Fine," I said and gave up as I rolled out of bed while Lin smiled.
So tired. Last night the bratty 4th Prince didn't leave until I served him all the tea that was left in the teapot. Because it seemed like he didn't want me to share it with anyone.

I smiled while I shook my head.
"What are you thinking about, my lady, that's making you smile?" Lin asks, tilting her head and looking at me.

"Oh nothing." I said and went past her to bathe myself in some cooling yet pleasant water.

The bath was full of camellia petals floating in the water. I soak myself in the wooden tub and slightly play with the camellia petals until I finish. Lin prepared a light peach color hanfu with a light green ribbon tie in front of my chest and a light yellow good luck charm hanging by my waist. Lin also put a hairpin that was a golden butterfly that came along with light pink flowers. I head out to feel the breeze of autumn wind. I reached over the pond to find orange, red, and brown leaves in the water while the koi fishes were swimming. I crouched down and cleaned the pond as I made water ripples causing the koi fishes to come to me. Soon, I stood back up and thought of what to do next until I got an idea.

"Lin, let's go to the market." I said and headed off to have Lin following behind me. Once I entered the town, there were tons of people crowding the path and the area had vibrant colors.
"Greeting, madam?" The owner greeted me once I passed his stall.

I smile and look down to see beautiful and yummy mooncakes gleaming in the light. "How much for one?" I ask.

"300 yuan," he answers.

"Alright, I'll take....." I thought about how many I want, using my fingers. "Ummm, 8 mooncakes," I answered, broke into a wide smile.

"Okay!" he said and started packing 8 mooncakes for me.

"Thank you," I said and left his stall. "And here you go, Lin. Happy mid- autumn!" I said and handed a mooncake to Lin.

"Oh, thank you. My lady," she said and bowed her head to me. I smiled and I wanted to explore more, but I headed back to give these mooncakes to the rightful owners. I enter the court of the 1st Prince to find the 1st Prince and Princess Hua Lan drinking tea. I did a nice interruption as they noticed me. "Greeting, 1st Prince and Princess Hua Lan. I can see that you two are getting along," I said, smiling and made them flustered in embarrassment. "Aww, don't be shy." I tease them. "And don't worry I'll be leaving soon for you two to continue on your lovely time together after I give you two your gifts," I said and pulled two mooncakes and handed each one to the 1st Prince and Princess Hua Lan.
"Happy Mid-autumn day" I said and smiled at them.

"Aww, thank you Concubine Liling" Princess Hua Lan said to me.

The 1st Prince nodded his head and said, "Thank you."

"It's not a problem. Now I'll be leaving you two alone. Have a good time together." I once again teased them before I left the court. As I bump into the 2nd Prince. "Oh, perfect. I was going to head to your area," I said and stopped him.

He smiles and looks at me confused before saying, "And what's that?"

"Umm.... this." I said and started digging in the bag and pulled out a mooncake.

His eyebrow raised and said, "Oh! Thank you." He sincerely meant it as I handed it over to him.

"I really hope you enjoy it, but I have to go and continue to send these to other people," I apologize. "Oh, also I want to say have a happy mid-autumn day." I said, smiling brightly and waving goodbye.
I then entered the 5th Prince's court as I saw a little boy racing to me before giving me a hug. "Whoa, someone is excited for Mid-Autumn celebration," I said, patting his head.
"Yeah!" He shouted in excitement.
"Look here," I said as I did a magic trick to make the mooncake appear in my hands.
"Wow," he said amused and gave him the mooncake. "Thank you," he said.
"Your welcome, I said. "Okay, I have to go now," I said, waving goodbye.

Soon enough, I reach a familiar mid-age man playing chess alone. I cleared my throat to catch his attention before I walked up to him and handed a mooncake up to his face.
"For mid-autumn day and a gratitude for teaching me how to play chess," I said and he accepted my mooncake.

"No, thank you." He said and smiled. "Do you want to join me?" He asked.

"Hmm...Maybe one game," I said, persuaded. During the game, it was my turn and while I was looking down, I said, "I apologize in advance but.. Do you love all your sons?" I ended my turn.

He did a soft chuckle, but his glaze was still on the game, "Of course. If I didn't then why would I have given the names Princes to them."

"True but a word does not show an emotion...," I said.

He then stopped and looked at me with both of his eyes directly staring at me. "Well said," he said and smiled. I smiled slightly as the game ended.

Soon after I arrived at the 3rd Prince's court, I walked up the mini stairs to his workarea and did a light knock on his door before I opened the door.