Chapter 72

I fell and heard Ying Zhi cry out my name, and then I heard swords clashing against each other to tell me that they were fighting. Then I heard the 3rd Prince laughing as the ice started to crack under my weight and then a light came through the cracked ice, which blinded me. However, I was lucky to latch on the wooden plank under the gazebo and then.

"My lady!" Lin shouted as the light disappeared instantly and I looked up to see Lin grabbing me and pulling me back up as I also tried to help by pushing myself up.

Once I was up, Lin quickly untied me as I saw guards fighting the 3rd Prince and Ying Zhi on the ground. My heart was racing in fear and I hurried to him.

"YING ZHI!" I said, stumbling to him to see a pool of blood by his head. I lifted his head into my lap and saw a large rock underneath which he hit his head.

Then the 3rd Prince laughed in insanity, "See you always go back to HIM! What's so great about him that I DON'T have!"

I looked at him and said, "Love" which caused him to go madder.

"RIGHT! That's something I don't have and can't GIVE! Because no one ever loves me! WHY!" He said and stumbled in distress, and because of that, the guards took their chance to arrest him.

"You have to love yourself for who you are not for others. I know that I hurt you deeply and I'm sorry," I said and set Ying Zhi's head down and moved towards the 3rd Prince and placed my hand on his.

He looked at me and then said to the guards, "Take me away." They took him to prison.

Soon enough, the doctor arrived and I was constantly walking back and forth on the news. "My lady, please sit and calm down," Lin tried to convince me to settle down.
I clasp my bloody hands together and hope for dear life that he is alright. Finally, the doctor opened the door and I ran up to him.
"How is he? Is he going to be okay?" I ask.

"Concubine Liling, he is safe now, but he hit his head pretty hard, so I'm not sure when he is going to wake up. Here's the medicine for him to heal him faster," the doctor said as Lin walked him out.

I saw him lying in bed and my eyesight became blurry with my tears. I tried to get rid of my tears by blinking it away. I reach him to see his head bandaged up and I touch his face and cry softly. That night, I stayed with him until it was an entire week as he showed no sign of waking up.
"My Lady, please rest. He is in good care," Lin rest assured me.

"Fine. I also have to talk to the Emperor," I said and headed to the main palace. I entered the Emperor's room to find him looking in good shape and he was playing chess. "May I join you?" I ask and he nods his head in agreement.

"I heard that you chose to save my life, so I would like to give an imperial token for whatever you want as a thank you and gratification for saying my life," the Emperor said before handing me the token.

"I'll like to use it now," I said before flashing him the token. "I'll like to let the 3rd Prince free and let him start his life over in another place," I said.

"Alright," the Emperor agreed.