Chapter 48

Princess Hua Lan left, leaving an unsettling feeling. I then head towards a familiar area to find a sense of alone. Once I reached there, I heard a tiny and cute woof and went underneath the gazebo and popped out a familiar fuzzball. I smiled and bent my knees and said, "Hello Ben Ben!" I pet Ben Ben's head and said, "How are you? You little cutieeee."
The little pup barked and stuck its tongue out, and I smiled. "You are so adorable!" I said and pet him once more.
I then got up and sat down by the table behind me, and set both of my elbows on the table. I sigh and lean back against the table, and begin to wonder what Princess Hua Lan had said. Ben Ben then jumped on the bench with me and came running towards me. Ben Ben lay on my lap and then began to roll around in my lap. I smile and rub his belly and then his head. I once again lean back against the table. Soon Ben Ben stretched both of his front paws and back legs out while he yawned, still on my lap, as his body position was like superman flying into the sky. I chuckled. "It's already summer...," I said, looking out to see the hot blazing sun that was setting. "You know it would be pretty nice to take you with me," I said, looking down at the little pup.
I looked up again and said, "It's about 6 more months before I can leave and be where I truly belong... home."
I continue to sit there, pondering some more until I hear someone calling my name. I tilted my head as Ben Ben's head popped up off my lap. I listened carefully as the voice sounded familiar. "Okay, Ben Ben I have to go now. Bye-bye," I said and set him down and patted his head. I then walked to the person who was calling my name. Once I step out of the 2nd prince hideout, there I see Lin searching for me.
"My lady! Where have you been?" Lin said as she had finally spotted me and rushed over to me.
"Lin, what's the matter?" I ask.
"Come on," Lin said and hurried me along without answering my question. We reached back to my room and Lin began to change my clothes. "Lin, can you tell me what's going on?" I said and tried to make Lin stop and listen to me.
"My lady, today is the 1st Prince's birthday and the celebration has started," Lin said, trying to finish.
"1st Prince's birthday today?" I said, shocked.
"Sit still, my lady," Lin said and brushed my hair.
Soon Lin finished and we rushed to the ceremony. I reached the ceremony to find everyone had arrived. I scan around trying to find an open seat, and then someone taps my shoulders. I turned to see a sweet familiar face, "Come and sit by me," he said as I smiled and followed the young man.
"Thank you, 2nd Prince," I said and sat down.
I then look to see the 1st Prince and Princess Hua Lan as the main attention. There was so much chatter that it was so hard to force, but then came a beautiful lady who was wearing beautiful silky clothes with other women with the same outfit as hers as they followed her. Soon the chattering turned into mumbles and soon died.