Chapter 62

A few minutes later, we all had settled down. The 3rd Prince and I were sitting down with the wooden box between us while I was holding Ben Ben in my arms and Lin standing behind me. The 3rd Prince poured a cup of tea for me, but I just left it there, making it sound like I was waiting for it to cool down.
"I'm sorry, your highness, but my little fuzzball was creating trouble for me and entered your workroom without permission. I'm terribly sorry," I said and he smiled and drank his tea.
"No worry," He said and continued staring at me which made me uncomfortable. Then Ben Ben slightly growled at him like he didn't like or trust the 3rd Prince.
"Ben Ben." I scold him in my arms. "Sorry, your highness," I added until Ben Ben jumped out of my arm and tried to run off, but I grabbed him. I made him lay on my lap which he put his front paws up on the table and almost bumped the box again. "Ben Ben.," I said slowly and made him stay in place on my lap. "And also I'm sorry for Ummm dropping your pellet drum," I said and bow my head, still seeing the pellet drum on top of the box. "But I was wondering where you got it? It's very cute." I asked and was thinking of getting myself one. It's so cute.
"Don't you remember-" He stopped himself.
My forehead crinkled, "Remember what?" I said and looked at him confused.
He smiled tensely and said, "Nothing." He set his cup down, but he still held it as I felt like he was clutching onto the cup.

Then the doors open and enter a beautiful mid-age woman but has a mean attitude by the way she walks. I bow my head at her, but she ignores me.
"I would like to talk to my son," she said impolitely. Geez, I got up and carried Ben Ben in my arms. I nod my head at the 3rd Prince and leave the room as Lin follows behind me. I step down the mini stairs and hear that mid-age lady talking so loud that I could hear her from outside.
"When are you ever going to be the Emperor's favorite! You are useless! I overheard that the Emperor is going to crown one of the princes from the Empress's and not you. If I knew to have you, wouldn't have brought me up into a higher rank then I shouldn't have you at all. You are so untalented not to catch the Emperor's attention. You better prepare for the moon cake festival coming up to impress the Emperor unless you don't want to be anything in life but a person who no one cares about!" I couldn't believe my ears.
What kind of mother says that!
Then I recall the last time I saw this where she was saying that he brought her shame. My ears heard footsteps coming towards the door and my legs hurried beside the building, holding Ben Ben tightly. I heard the doors open and shut and footsteps slowly fading away, then soon I heard a loud crash of a cup being smashed. Ben Ben was about the yelp but I covered his mouth slightly. "Shhhh..." I said slowly to Ben Ben and hurried off with Ben Ben in my arms as Lin followed.