Chapter 43

As hours have passed by, I continue to sit there doing completely nothing.
"Hey, it's boring. Can I leave?" I said, bored.

"No," he said.

I roll my head backward and whine. The whole time I was sighing and leaning against my right hand. Having nothing to do, I sat there with my eyes slowly closing, and the next thing I knew I was completely knocked out.

Then out of nowhere, my head jerked down as my face hit the table. "Owww....." I groan and slowly lift my face. My face crinkled in pain as the 4th prince just chuckled at me.
"Hey! It's night time I'm leaving," I said upset and noticed it was dark outside and got up.

Once I was at the doorway, he said sharply, "I better see you here tomorrow."
I didn't reply and left the room.

"Tsk, nope," I said once I was outside of the room.

The next morning arrived and I was no longer in bed and was trying to sneak to the place where I play chess with the emperor so I don't have to go to that stingy 4th prince. As I was slowly and quietly taking each step toward the path; however, guards popped out of nowhere and I stopped abruptly and smiled sheepishly.
"The 4th prince informed us to take you to his workroom this morning," they said as I sighed.

"Your highness, Concubine Liling has arrived," they said before I walked in the room to see him working like he did yesterday.

I plop down beside the table and put my elbow up on the table then lean against it again. At that moment, he pushed aside my arm off the table which caused my body to stumble a little bit.
"Hey! What was that for?" I argue with him.

"Sorry but today you are not just sitting there, but you have to grind ink for me," he ordered me.

"What! I'm not your servant," I talk back.

"Oh, but today you are," he said and out of nowhere grabbed my hand and made my hand form into a ball with my thumb sticking out.

"Yah! What are you doing! Let go of me!" I said, struggling to break free. He then dragged my arm towards him and pushed my thumb against red ink. "WHAT are you DOING!" I said fluster and quickly turned my face to him while I was still struggling, I then stopped.
Our eyes locked in with each other and our noses were an inch away, I noticed his dark brown eye like chocolate as it sparkled.

*Thump Thump*
I inhaled and I snapped out and quickly pulled back a little bit away from his face.
What the heck was that? This feeling in my chest?

Then he took the moment of me being distracted and pulled my hand toward the table and stamped it on a sheet of paper. I then finally got away from him, which I had to yank my arm back.
"What was that about!" I angrily said and held my hand while looking at my thumb.

He smirks and lifts up the sheet of paper and says, "For the day you are my servant."

I looked at him confused and said, "What do you mean?" He then waved a sheet of paper in the air which I snatched away. I fixed it properly for me to read and there I read, "I'll be your personal servant for the entire day without talking back to the 4th prince and won't complain or whine."

"Wait, what!" I said and slammed down the sheet of paper. "I'm NOT doing this!" I said firmly.

"It's too late. I already have your fingerprint on it as your signature." He said somewhat teasing me. I then vented, breathe, breathe, breathe.

I held my anger and said, "Alright then." I did a forced smile out. "Where are the stuff?" I said and held my tongue.

He slightly turned his head and I followed his eye to see a tiny teapot by a grinding stone with a black stick that is right beside him. I move close to him and fix my position to get comfortable. I stare at the grinding stone not knowing what to do.
"Umm...," I said, lost.

"Don't you know how to grind ink, right?" He seemed to mock me.

"Yes," I said with full confidence, however, I truly had no idea where to start.

He looked at me and smirked, "You pour a bit of water into the grinding stone then grind the ink stick in the water. I thought a high woman like you would have known." he bickered.

I was about to say something, but I saw the contact he forced me to sign and endured my anger. I forced a smile and roughly pulled my sleeves up, and then I picked up the tiny teapot that was not hot but cold as I poured a bit of water into the grinding stone. Then I slightly slam it against the table and pick up the ink stick with a tight grip. I then grind the ink in a circular motion against the grinding stone until the liquid has turned black.

I forced a smile and clenched my teeth, "Here you go your highness."

He then dipped his brush into the ink and started to write something on a sheet of paper.

The entire day, I continued to grind ink until my hand and arm were sore. Finally, I couldn't stir anymore and threw the ink stick down.
Ugh! I'm so tired. My arm.... my hand.... and my wrist is so sore.
I lean back against both of my hands as I yawn.

He soon clears his throat, telling me something as I shoot him a glare, "What."

"More ink and this time make it less watery," he continued to mock me.

"Alright," I said and smiled.
So you want more ink. Alright, I give you more.
I clench my hand into a fist and pick up the tiny teapot and pour a SMALL amount of water onto the grinding stone, then I pick up the ink stick and grind it intensely onto the grinding stone. "UGH! Stupid jerk face," I said under my breath and quickly grind the ink stick in a fast pace.

I then imagined the grinding stone as his face and rapidly moved my hand fast until the ink splashed everywhere onto his face and clothes along with my face. I quickly shut my eyes and a small sound came out of my mouth. I lift my left sleeve to wipe off the ink on my face and open my eyes to see the 4th prince pissed.

Oops, as I covered my chuckled with my hands to see his face and clothes sprinkled in ink spots. "Oh your highness, I'm sorry. *haha* I mean *clear throat* let me help you," I said and pulled out a handkerchief and scooted myself to him.

I lifted my arm up with the handkerchief in my hand to his face, I started wiping the ink off his face, but then he pushed my hand away, still upset, and made me lose balance.
"Uff da," I cried out and fell on top of him with my hand still up by his face as the doors shot open.