Chapter 23

Once I step out of the room, I didn't see my fish on the cutting board by the gazebo or anything else.
Maybe, Lin took it to the kitchen
As I reach the kitchen to find Lin had finished off the fish and Mei Mei finished washing and cutting the vegetables.

"Lin, what happen to you?" I ask.

"Please forgive me, my lady, but the 4th prince told me to leave," she said pleading for forgiveness.

"Never mind. Forget, it okay." I tried to pass by it while I became anxious. "stupid guy, think I'm jealous of him!" I said underneath my breath but quickly shrugged it off. There I looked around to find a metal wok and set it on the fire. Soon I pour oil into the wok and then I drop the fish pieces in as it sizzle and oil were jumping out. I rolled my sleeves and flip the fish to the other side. Once I flip it over, oil burst out.

"Be careful, my lady!" Lin said worriedly.

I then use smash the fish into even smaller pieces; I stirred it around and soon pour all the vegetables into the wok. Once the fish was golden brown and vegetable were well cooked enough, I remove the wok out of the fire and pour it into a plate. I set the plate down and scoop a bowl of rice. Lin and Mei Mei help me bring it to my room as we reach to my room, there I see a tiny bottle of medicine on the table. I set the food down and pick it up to stare at it, then I set it aside as I sat down to eat.

I took a spoonful of fish and rice and shove it into my mouth as a familiar taste reappeared. The next thing I noticed was cold wet tears falling down my cheeks and wipe my cheeks to find I was crying. Then an image of a tiny Asian woman with her smiling eyes and big sweet smile looking at me.
Mom *sniff* I miss you guys so much.
As every bite, I took made me remember my home. . . my family. . . and everyone I knew...

"My lady, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" both Lin and Mei Mei said worriedly.

"Oh, it's nothing," I said and tried to wipe all my tears away.

"Umm, I'm done so please take these back and you guys can leave for the day" I reply as they looked at me full of concern, but listened and left.

Once they close the doors behind them, I walk to the window and unhook it. I open the window and a breeze came in while I let the lantern up in the air.
If I continue to wish harder, it might come true.
I stare intensely at the lantern.
Please come true.
As tears roll down my cheeks and I was clenching onto my clothes.

~Hour pass by~
As the sunset.
Come on, Jasmine. Stop crying, it not going to be that long until winter comes.
I force myself to stop crying and push aside the sad feeling. I look around the room to still see the tiny bottle on the table and I got up to grab the bottle. I pop it open and unwrap my finger, then I put the medicine on my pointer finger as I was lightly dabbing on my finger to be stinging in pain. Then I tried to re-wrap my pointer finger, but it didn't exactly work out.
Ugh, I give up. He made it look so easy. . .
I drop cloth and headed to bed.

The next morning, I woke up and cover my mouth with my hands as I was yawning. I walk towards the door and open the door to find two guards blocking me.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"Sorry, Concubine Liling, but the 4th Prince made an order not to allow you out of this room." replied one of the guards.

"Excuse me?" I said, starting to get frustrated.

"Sorry, Concubine Liling, but please head back inside your room." the guard informs me as I gave them the glare and slightly slam the doors.
Who does this guy think he is!
I exposed and huff and puff angrily. The door open and Lin and Mei Mei enter the room along with a tray of food, they both set the food down on the table.

"My lady, I know you are upset, but please calm down and eat breakfast." Lin was trying to rest assure me as I grudgingly shove food in my mouth.
While I was eating, Mei Mei was setting out clothes for me. After I finished, Lin clears out the table and Mei Mei was dressing me. There I was standing and constantly murmuring "Stupid guy, just wait. Just wait."

After Mei Mei had finished dressing me, Lin came back. I quickly thought for a minute as an idea came to mind and a smile appears on my face. I turn my head towards the door to still see the shadow of the guards and I started walking slowly towards the window. I unhook the window and quietly pulled open the window.

"Lady Liling, what are you doing?" said Lin as I "shh" her with my pointer finger against my lips.

Once I open the window, there were no guards in sight.
Ha ha, yes no guards.
I smirk and lift my one of leg over the window's ledge and then another one, but once I was out the room.
*Crack* as I step on a twig and from the silent morning, just one tiny movement and sound alert every guard as they rush over to me with their guard up and swords pointing at me.