Chapter 28

"Her name is Princess Hua Lan and she is from another clan; it was arranged when I was 5 years old to make our empire relationship stronger." He answers.

"when is the day," I ask and continue to sip my cup of tea while he was in depression.

"The end of this week and she will be arriving tomorrow," he said completely dreading it and was rubbing his forehead as he was stressed, but I didn't know how to help him out.

I could only continue to pour tea for him; however, he waves his hand to a servant. The servant hurries and brought a black jug. He picks it up and pours it into his cup. Once the liquid flow into the cup, a hard alcohol smell came to my nose. My face tension up of the reek of alcohol and soon he began to gulp down the alcohol like it was water.

I was lost for words while I was watching him drinking, but I could no longer watch him gulping down the alcohol like water; I took the black jug away from the 1st prince's hands as he somewhat whined.

"Let me pour it for you," I said and grab his cup of tea while he was not looking I quickly handed the black jug to a maid and switch it for the teapot. I pour the tea into the cup and hand it to him. He shot it into his mouth without realizing it was tea. He continues to hand me his cup and I just continue to pour tea for him. Soon after many shots of tea, he drunk, he became aware and realize something was not right. Then he finally looks at what I was pouring into his cup.
I smile at him and continue to pour tea into his cup and serve him.

He didn't say anything, but his lips began to smile and he took the cup.

"It's not good to drink alcohol in an empty stomach and also drinking it like it is water." I scold him and gave him a mother look as he nods his head with respect. Then I saw a figure in the corner of my eyes, I turn my head to see stunning women quickly hide. I began to move my head to see clearly who it may be, but she quickly ran off.
Hmmm, who was that?

Then the 1st prince sigh as I push aside what just happen and redirected my attention to the 1st prince which he seems somewhat better.

Soon afterward, I had head back to my court and notice a group of people in the main palace.
I wonder what's going on in there.

I want to go and check but I shouldn't while I hurry back to my court. Once I arrive at my court, Lin came running towards me with a worried face.

"Where have you been?" she said and grab both of my hands in concern.

I smile, "I just went on a long stroll for a while to clear my head." I said, trying to rest assure her.

We enter my room and I sat down to stretch my arms on the table as I was exhausted.
*Sigh* man, today was.... just.... *sigh*

*Knock knock*
A tiny knock rang against my door.

I turn my attention toward the door, "Come in?'' I said.

The doors open wide and came in the young lady who was spying on me and the 1st prince.
"Greeting, how can I help you?'' I said puzzled.

She straight-up blurt at me, "DO YOU LIKE THE 1ST PRINCE!" As every word she spoke, she rams towards me while I continuously step back unaware what's going to happen.

She soon realizes what she was doing was a bit over the top and she calms herself. "My apologize" she sheepishly replies and steps back giving me room.

I didn't know what to said. "Umm.... may I ask who are you?" I said, trying to figure out what to do next.

She slowly opens her mouth and spoke quietly, "My...... name is..... Hua...Lan".

A few minutes later, we both have settled down while Mei Mei was serving us tea.

"Umm," she continued saying for a while.

I broke the silence," So you are the 1st Prince's soon to be wife?" I ask.

She nodded quietly and looking down at the tea.

"Aren't you suppose to be coming tomorrow?" I said.

"Yeah, but I really wanted to see him so we came early to surprise him but....." she trails off and started to blush.

I looked at her flustered face to see that she truly love him; however, I knew and deep down I felt sorry for her.

"So was that you spying on us this evening?" I ask.

"Yeah. Umm, I was trying to find the 1st prince, but I found you two so I- I. .left" she said.
Then she looks up at me, "D-do you like the 1st Prince?".

I smile and shake my head, "No, I don't like him. I think him as an older brother." I said as a bright smile appears on her face.

"So when did you fallen in love with him?" I ask her.

She then became shy and slowly open her mouth "Well, it all began when I was 4 years old and my father took me here to talk to the emperor about our arranged marriage. It was love at first sight. I saw his caring personality towards others and the sweet smile that made me love him," she held her hand together by her chest.

I smiled, "That so sweet," I said as she got embarrassed and was looking down.

"I just can't wait for us to be married," she said very quietly.

"How old are you?" I ask, curiously.

"I'm... 18 years old" she answers.

Wait, what!
My eyes were wide open.
EIGHTEEN! EIGHTEEN! One eight!

As that number replay over and over my head.
That's so young! She's one year older than me! Wait, how old am I?