Chapter 37

The next morning, my body was on a cushion and yet it was not comfortable, but then I can think and feel was my head pounding rapidly. I groan in pain and I slowly open my eyes to see myself in my bed.
What happens last night? The only thing I remember was feeling distressed from missing home and.... then asking Lin to bring me alcohol to see if it would help me release my heavy heart then.......
I thought harder, but it all became fuzz and the more my head started to hurt.

"Oh, my lady, you are up?" Lin said. Mei Mei had set a bowl of food down on the tablet as Lin came to help me up.
"What happen last night?" I said, holding my head up.

"Don't you remember?" She said as I just look at her.
"Hmm?" I try to think again, "UGH!" I groan in pain, my head constantly pounding. Then shook my head.

"Here this will help." Mei Mei said once I sat down and place a spoon in front of me.
I look down to see a bowl of rice porridge also known as congee with pieces of chicken, chopped green onion, and chopped cilantro. I pick up the spoon in my hand and mix in the onion and cilantro. Once I scoop a spoonful, I blew on it before I enter the spoon in my mouth. It was warm but still hot as it melted in my mouth. Soon the bowl was empty and Mei Mei clear it out.

I smile happily, "that was delicious," I said, rubbing my belly, but I still a trace of headache remaining. I put my elbow on the table and lean in my hand. "What time is it?" I ask, still leaning my hand.

There was silence at first as Lin answer, "It's past noon.''

"What!" I said shocked, with my head shooting off my hand as I soon regret it."It's past noon. I slept that long?" I said, enduring the pounding headache.

"Yes, my lady. Your body was trying to recover for last night." Lin said.

I groan once again and push my body forward to the table and let my left arm to the table while I set my head down on my arm. I lay my head there, not wanting to do anything.

"My lady, today is the Lantern festival today," said Mei Mei as I slightly lift my head.

"Really?" I said, excited.

"Yes," Lin and Mei Mei nod their heads.

"Do you want us to get you a lantern to light?" asked Lin.

"Yes," I said, happy. Lin and Mei Mei left the room.

My pounding headache remains as I shut my eyes to see if I can sleep it off. Soon the door open and shut, and Lin and Mei Mei arrived back. Lin carrying the lantern and Mei Mei carrying a red tiny bowl in her hands.

"Oh, you guys are here?" I said, rubbing my eyes.

Mei Mei set the tiny bowl in front of me. "Have some tang yuan( also know as glutinous rice balls)," she said. I look down to see white balls in a clear yet milky liquid. I scoop a ball and it was soft and chew. After eating the delicious glutinous rice balls, I excuse them. Nighttime has arrived and I soon open my window. Once I open the window there I saw tons of yellow-orange light floating in the sky. I was so amazed to see so many lanterns in the sky as the night was covered in glowing lights. I held the lantern and lit it, I lean out with half of my body almost out of the window as I still had the lantern in my hands and I shut my eyes. Please take me home...... as I let it go. It took it time going up into the night along with the others. It continues to drift in the air, I then grab my lantern kite and let it out as well. The plain dull lantern kite flew beside the rest while the rest slowly flew higher until they were nowhere in sight as little specs.