Promise

I was born with a powerful quirk, but I am unable to control it. No matter how much I train and pray to get it under control, I can't. And that terrifies me. Because I could end up hurting someone. When I was younger I wanted to be a pro hero and help those in need, but once I realized my quirk was too powerful I decided to give up on that dream. This sent me into a deep depression.
Always being afraid that I might hurt someone.
This caused some kids to bully me.
"What a waste! Such a cool quirk and she can't even control it. And she wanted to be a hero? HA!" They would point and laugh then kick me. They weren't afraid of me using my quirk on them because even though I couldn't control it they knew I wouldn't use it against them.
One boy stood out from the rest.
His name: Katsuki Bakugou.
Besides the cursing and explosions, his words seemed to hurt the most, and he bullied me more often than the others as well.
I pretended to brush them off and tell everyone I was fine when really I was far from it.
The marks on my skin were proof that I wasn't ok and that I just wanted someone to tell me that things would get better.
Or even that someday soon I would be able to control my quirk.
They say if you tell a lie long enough it will eventually become truth.

I thought if I went to U.A. someone there could help me learn control.
I never imagined I would actually make it into class 1A.
And unfortunately that made things worse.
Katsuki bullies me more causing my fake smile to come back.
On the first day he told me to drop out and go back to living a pointless life.
I refused him and left to go home.
After time went on the more depressed I got. Soon enough I was skipping school once in a while because I couldn't bring myself to leave my bed.
My father called me in sick but once those ran out they started asking for doctor's notes.
After that I was forced to go back to class.
Some classmates asked if I was ok and of course I lied and said I was fine.
What I didn't expect was for Katsuki to see through my lies.

"What the hell are you trying to pull?" The blonde asks angrily. He dragged me to an empty room after school and slammed the door closed.
I look at him quickly, confused. "What are you talking about? Are you gonna bully me some more? What new ways have you come up with to insult me?"
"I saw the marks (y/n). That smile of yours couldn't be more fake. Why do you put on a facade? Why do you pretend to be strong when you're really weak?"
Tears stream down my cheeks.
I couldn't hold it back anymore. "Why are you so mean?! What did I ever do to you to make you be so horrible to me? I just wanna help people and learn to control my quirk. Is it because I can't control it? That's what you usually say. I've been trying so hard for so long and nothing is working. Is that what you want? For me to fail so it makes you look better. I'm depressed because of you. I hurt myself because of you!" I yell before I could stop myself.
His eyes were wide as I spoke. His expression showed shock.
I try wiping away my tears but they just kept falling.
Suddenly I could feel a strong, warm embrace. I open my eyes to see Katsuki hugging me tightly.
His one hand on the small of my back and his other on the back of my head.
A small noise escapes before I let everything out.
I fall to my knees, causing him to do the same, as I cry loudly into his chest.
He rocks us gently as he rubs my back. "I never meant any of those things. I never thought that you were weak. I've always been jealous of your quirk. I mean mine is pretty fucking great but yours is cool too. I'm not good at being gentle with people. So I don't show weakness very often. I really like you and I want to protect you. I can't fucking believe I cause you so much pain. Why didn't you fight back?! You idiot!" He yells and pulls me away to stare into my eyes. He smacks me upside the head but kisses my forehead. "If I promise to be nice to you, will you promise to never hurt yourself again?"
I blush deeply at his offer. I bite my lip and look down.
"I-I mean I don't wanna push you. It's all up to you." He quickly adds.
Before he could say or do anything else I peck his lips. I blush looking at the ground but slowly look back up at him.
His crimson orbs are wide and his lips are slightly parted.
"Fuck," he whispers. "Your lips are so fucking soft."
I blush more before his lips are against mine again. I kiss back and hold his face in both my hands.
His hand moves to my hip and pulls me closer.
My hands move to his chest as the kiss deepens.

Before the kiss goes anywhere the door slams open, only to reveal the class rep Tenya.
I pull away quickly and look at the boy.
"Oh. I'm sorry to interrupt. I-I'll leave you two to it." He slowly closes the door.
"Way to ruin the moment four eyes!"  Katsuki yells angrily.
His hand sparks again.
I jump back in fear it would hurt me.
He looks at me quickly and frowns. "Sorry," he whispers. He puts his hand down and walks over to me.
I smile softly, a real one this time.
"Promise?" He asks quietly holding out his pinky.
A small blush covers his cheeks.
I giggle softly and link my pinky with his.
"Promise."