97. Stronger (Antonio Dawson)

Karazorellethe this one is for you.

Luzer, homeless idiot, fat cow... those words beamed in my head while I was walking home from school. Today was even harder to stay there, listening to all the bad coments people said about me.

I lived in a poor house with only my dad who was drunk more times than sober. And everything was okay until he came in my class one day and made a scene. That's when I became the laughing stock.

I wiped my teary eyes and I saw a few class mates a few meters ahead of me. They didn't see me yet so I walked in the closest door. Everything was dark just a small light ahead in another room so I peaked in. Damn curiosity.

A guy in his forties was standing next to a punching bag, punching like his life depends on it. I wanted to turn around to leave but I knocked something over caughting his attention. "Who are you?"

He jumped off of a stage and walked closer to me with long steps. I was standing frozen, scared. "I was just... I'm sorry." I tried to hide my tears.

"Are you crying?" Guy stepped forward, light shinning on his face making him look a lot nicer. He saw scars on my whists. "I'm Antonio and I just buyed this place because I wanted to have my own boxing place." He explained. "Do you want to try, it's free today."

I didn't know why I agreed but there was something about him that said safe place. Antonio showed me around and after trying to box for half an hour he had to leave. I stayed over for about an hour longer, in promisse to drop him the key tomorrow after school.

I felt stronger than ever until the bulying started again. Ortiz came and threw my body at lockers, kicking me for the end. I had enough so I ran straight to the gym where Antonio was training. "Train me."

Antonio's head snapped in my direction and he saw blood runing out of my nose. "Come up." He invited and I was glad he didn't ask for details.

My knuckles were red and swolen so we took a much needed break. "I have a daughter your age, Eva." He started the conversation and I saw his eyes shining at the mention of his familly. "And a son Diego, they would love you."

I smiled at him. All I ever wanted was a father like him. "I would love to meet them." I admited, wanting to be close with them.

"And one day when you'll feel comfortable..." He got his gloves on. "...you can tell me about those scars.'

I jumped up and hugged him. "Thank you."