115. Surprises (Hank Voight, Jay Halstead)

morgankitten this one is for you.

Hank sat in his office looking through pile of papers, pictures and recommendations from this peoples previous bosses. Everyone felt boring to him only one stood out. "Halstead." He repeated his name after reading it. "You will do." He grabbed his phone and dialed his number. It was ten thirty at night so he didn't think anyone will answer but he did. "Hey Jay this is sergeant Voight, I expect you at your new work 7a.m. sharp. Sleep well it is going to be a rough day." He turned off his light and headed home.

He didn't spend much time home. It was cold and lonely. He has lived alone every since his wife killed herself twenty some years ago. Their only daughter was kidnapped and she couldn't stand not having her anymore.

Hank opened himself a beer and plopped down on his favorite chair and watched TV until he drifted to sleep.

Next morning when he arrived at his work, Jay was already waiting for him. "Hello sir, good morning."

"Hey. What are you doing here so fast?" He smiled at him. He saw his young self in him and although he will never admit it he likes him, that's why he chose him. "I have a job for you." He threw a folder on his desk. "Your new partner Hailey will join you." He started walking away when he turned around. "And I will not stand in house darting."

"I'm married sir." He answered kind of sad that he didn't do a background check on him. "If that's okay with you sir, she will visit ne for lunch today."

Hand nodded his head and closed the doors behind him. It was lunch time soon and he had a buddies lunch planned so he grabbed his jacket and opened his door. All of a sudden he froze. "Y/N? Is that really you?" He took a step closer to Jay's wife. "I 'can't believe it."

Everyone looked at him like he has gone mad. "Sir?" Jay stepped in between his wife and boss but they both pushed him away.

"Daddy is that you?" Y/N put her hands on Hanks face. "It is you." She fell in her knees and Hank pulled her back on her feet.

"Jay you... You married my lost daughter." Hank cried. "I knew hiring you will get me a great cop but never have I imagined I would found you." He kissed y/n's head. "Where have you been?"

"The couple that took me kept me locked in basement for a long time and one day I managed to escape. I had no idea where I was from but I kept seeing your and moms face." She explained.

Jay stepped closer. "I was looking for you sir but with limited information I was going nowhere."

"I'm just glad I have you back." He hugged y/n. "Come in you are family now."