142. Together at last (Adam Ruzek, Kim Burges)

For ellalavery. Hope you like it. 😁

"I'm sorry Kim, but I have to go." Is the line she was repeating in her head over and over and over again for the past year. She was dating Adam and no one could knew about it because he was enaged to someone else.

After that Kim moved back to her sister place and left her job as police officer. She could not bare to look at him every day when she was clearly still in love with him.

One day Kim had to pick up something from the store when she spotted a farmilliar figure. She quickly turned and tried to escape but he saw her and called her name. "Kim?" He ran after her but she didn't stop. Seing him up close would kill her. "Babe stop!"

Kim closed her eyes, wipping the tear away. She threw the money on the regester and slammed the market door. Her car speeded down the road thinking she was finnaly free of him when the car behind her turned the blue lights on, forcing her to stop. "Fuck." She slammed her fists in the stering wheel and rolled down her window. "Make it quick, officer."

Adam rolled his eyes at her after removing glasses from his nose. "Talk to me." He almost begged.

"We have nothing to talk about." She threw him a drivers licence. "Here are the documents." She spat at him.

"Adam grabbed it and handed it back to her. "Don't act like that." He paused and exhaled, leaning on her half opened window. "I couldn't marry her."

Kim finnaly glanced at him, slapping his face. "Idiot."

"I deserved that." He chuckled, rubbing the sore spot. "You have no idea how long I've been looking for you Kim."

"Words of a lousy cop." Kim teased, adjusting her ponytale out of boredom.

Adam opened the door and asked her to step out of her car. "Tehcnically you have to do what I say. I am a cop and you are not." He smirked.

"Tehcnically you will not find me if I escape." Kim teased some more, folding her arms on her chest. "I did a great job hidding all this time didn't I?"

"Just go out with me." Adam begged. "Just on one date. Tonight." He looked desperate. "Then I will leave you alone."

Kim grabbed the car keys that Adam took out of her car and sat back in. "Molly's at six. Don't be late." She pulled off with a smirk on her face. "I might make it but I might not." She giggled, pulling up to the next suopermarket.