113. Back to Chicago (Hank Voight)

This next one is for AmberBatterton.

You look at the piece of paper that has address written on it and check the building for reassurance. You dust the newly fallen snow off of your clothes and slowly open the heavy door.

There was no need looking around because the person you were looking for was standing directly in front of you. "Trudy."

You walk towards your best friend and she droops the files, walking fast into your arms. "Oh my goooood." Trudy screams and gains everyone looks. They were not used to see her like that. "What the heck?!"

Hank walked down stairs with a dark look that he usually possesses but he softened when he saw you. His palms got sweaty and he almost forgot how to breath. "Hank do you need anything?" Trudy looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"No." He regain his composure. "No, no I was just..." He went through his hair with his hands and disappeared in the back room. "Who is she?" He wondered.

"Okay that was weird." Trudy laughed. "Why don't you go home, take a shower and then we can meet up at the diner?" He handed her the keys to her place.

"Okay, sounds fine." You walked out of the district, hoping to catch a glimpse of that awkward guy from before.

Trudy went in the back room, looking for some paper and when she saw Hank she slapped him with the files. "Are you running a facial recognition on my friend?!"

"Trudy it's not.. it's.. I was..." Hank gulps down.

Trudy puts her hands on her hips. "You like her." She smirked. "Well, she is a catch. But turn that thing off and come with me, you need to meet her in person."

A year later on the exact day, Hank was cooking dinner at yours and his new house that you bought half a year ago. You walk behind him and put his arms around his torso. "Hey babe, are you having a cold or something?"

Hank turned around and kissed your lips. "No." He blankly answered.

"Okay, there must be a special day today and I don't remember it." You put your finger under your chin like you were thinking. "Help me."

Hank playfully rolled his eyes. "It's just the day we met. The day I found my better half." He laughed while tickling you.

"Oh now I remember." You ran away from him. "A year ago you forced me to go out with you." You joked. "Worst date ever."

Hank threw you to the sofa and laid carefully on top of you. "Is that so?" He trailed kisses down your exposed skin. "I bet you hate my kisses too."

"I absolutely loath them." You pulled your boyfriend more on top of you and capture his lips in a sweet kiss. "Happy anniversary."