➥1

It was like life was on repeat for Yoo Seyeon

She found herself falling into a ceaseless cycle that was her job. Every morning at around 6:45 she begrudgingly woke up- taking her another 5 minutes to find the willpower to leave the warm confinements of her bed.

The girl- or Woman should I say- lived alone. Recently 19 years old in fact, yet she still felt as inadequate as she did at 15.

Every morning seemed to get colder and colder as Seyeon flinched when her bare feet hit the cold floor.
Amidst her rush to the bathroom, unfortunately she found herself accidentally slipping of a discarded piece of clothing, forcing her to the floor in pain.

What a good start to the day.

"You're late." A monotonous voice piped up, flipping through the pages of the newspaper as he stood leaning on his desk.

Seyeon rolled her eyes and glared at him as she unwrapped her scarf from her neck, placing it on the peg- along with her coat.

"Well it's not like I've missed anything." She grumbled, placing the lanyard over her neck and pulling her hair into a messy ponytail.

"We're prosecutors Seyeon- there's always something happening." Jeno deadpanned, fixing his tie and handing the newspaper over to her.

"There's a new intern too- he's quite young though." Jeno muttered, leaning in to nod over in the direction of an awkward looking tall boy.

He seemed a little panicked, his hands motioning to nothing in particular- flailing in confusion as he looked between the water dispenser and the lack of cups.
"They're in the store cupboard." Seyeon called out, watching as the boy jolted in surprise but scurried off nevertheless.

"Where's Mark?"
"He's taking over a case- seems as though we have a kidnapping spree in Neo city-"
"The same person?"
"Likely. Mark has a lead though."

Before she could reply, the same intern- with shaky hands- walked over to the two with cups of coffee.
"U-uh i-i made th-this." He stammered out, eyes on the floor.
Seyeon scanned the boy as she took the cup off of him.

"Thank you.." her eyes swooped down to his lanyard and she took a sip of the drink.
"Jisung."

He bowed his head and left as quickly as he could- feeling overwhelmingly intimidated.

"Ah, Seyeon!" A voice called out, stepping into the office with a file in her hand.
"Eunha, why are you so energetic this early in the morning." Seyeon groaned, walking over to her own desk and sitting down at it.

Eunha tsked and walked over to the young girl anyway, dropping a pile of papers on her desk.
"You're being assigned a case- several murders from the same person."
"The same person?"
"Or group...each killing has this on it."

She flicked to a page of the crime scene pictures- the body of an unrecognisable man covered in blood, but something else caught her eye.

"A symbol?"

"We think it's a gang symbol."