➥8

"I am at the scene now

"I am at the scene now." Seyeon spoke into her earpiece and leant forward to unlock the glove compartment.
Donghyuck eyed her actions from the back of the car, his only form of entertainment.

Seyeon grabbed a shiny object from the compartment and another. She checked the gun and closed the pocket knife, putting it safely into her waist band.
"Can you even work a gun?" Donghyuck said lazily, looking out of the car window and to the rundown house.

"Yes, infact I can." Seyeon scoffed, unbuckling her seatbelt.
"You." She turned around to face a lazy looking Donghyuck. He sat in the back of the car with a bored look, raising his eyebrow.
"Stay here- don't even think about leaving." Seyeon warned, letting her eyes linger over his face before opening the car door and shutting it behind her.

Seyeon left the car and walked towards the house, hesitantly opening the gate. Donghyuck chuckled at her obvious fear, watching her in amusement.

"Idiot." Donghyuck scoffed, seeing her flinch at the creaking of the gate. He averted his attention from the prosecutor and rolled down his window- taking out his cigarettes and lighter.

✴️

"I'm not scared, pfft. Crime scenes are nothing, I'm not scar- AH!" Seyeon shrieked, cowering back with her hands over her eyes.

She peeked through the gaps of her fingers and placed a hand on her chest, exhaling deeply.
"Just the curtains Seyeon." She muttered to herself, stepping in further to the gloomy house.

Her heels clicked against the ground with slow steps, the air cold and the fear rising. Seyeon came to a stop at the one door that seemed to be closed- the bathroom.

With shaky hands, her hand touched the door handle, gulping down the overcoming sense of reluctancy and fear.
The sound of the door clicking from under her hand sent a wave of anxiety over her and the door began to open.

"Boo."

"AH!" Seyeon screamed, shrinking into herself with her eyes screwed shut- her heart pounding expeditiously.

"And you call yourself a prosecutor." The voice stated disapprovingly, looking at the girl up and down and then shaking his head.
Seyeon opened her eyes and glared up at the boy through her lashes.
"I told you to stay in the car!" She exclaimed, wiping at her eyes where tears formed from the scare jump.

"I don't take orders."

Seyeon didn't have the heart to reply, her gut already wrenching at the thought of opening the door.
"What are you waiting for, at this rate it's going to take all fucking day." Donghyuck sighed and pushed the girl to the side, striding over and swinging the door open.

The sight shocked them both- and they've both seen some shit.
Seyeon gasped and her hands flew up to her mouth.
"Oh my..." She breathed out, her feet subconsciously walking forward into the bathroom.

Red.

Red was everywhere, on the walls, the floor- everywhere. 3 bodies layed one on top of each other in the bathtub, absolutely torn and ripped to pieces.
The sight was completely traumatic.

The woman who was visible to them had her eyes wide open and her arm limp off the bathtub, blood dripping down her hand.
Seyeon's eyes widened as she took in the scene.

Donghyuck stood not too far behind, his eyes on the blood stained mirror hanging on the wall, painting out a sentence.

You're next.