➥25

"She's sleeping

"She's sleeping." Ten said, walking out of the room to where Donghyuck sat on the sofa.
He nodded and looked over at Jaemin.
"Mark?"

"Kun is with him." Jaemin informed him about the second medic- Kun. Donghyuck nodded and sighed, leaning his head back.
"Did the guy die?"

"You've never missed before."

"I know but...now we can't question him." Donghyuck sighed and looked over at Ten who rubbed the back of his head.

"Seyeon needs new clothes but I can't get her some because she's half naked and someone might walk in."

Donghyuck looked at Ten blankly before reluctantly getting up and walking upstairs.

"Why do you think he saved her?"
"They're working together didn't you know?"

Renjun shook his head and joined into the conversation.
"What if he-"
"It's impossible."

"He's never been in love."

Seyeon had gotten changed, with the help of Ten, and now she was sitting on the bed in the medical room, alone.

She looked down at her clothes, the t-shirt could easily be a dress and the shorts she had to tie extremely tight.

Her mind was caught up on the events of today that she didn't notice the door opening.
"I'll take you home."

"Oh, okay." Seyeon said, carefully getting off the bed but as soon as she put pressure on her feet, she cried out in pain.
"You've been shot, you can't walk."
"Gee thanks captain obvious." Seyeon gritted out.

Donghyuck didn't say anything else, he just watched as she leaned against the bed.
"Do you have any crutches?" She asked.
"No."

Seyeon glared at Donghyuck and threw her head back.
"How am I supposed to do my job now!"
"On a wheelchair."
"It's not funny, I'm in charge of this case and if I don't solve it I'm just disappointing everyone and failing as part of the group. If I can't find out who the killer is, it's going to-"

"Breathe." He interrupted, leaning against the door with his arms crossed. Seyeon closed her eyes and turned around, leaning her head on the bed with her arms outstretched.

"They're going to kill me."
"For being shot and almost killed?" He arched a brow at her.
"I'm a prosecutor-"
"Yeah you're not superman though so they can fuck off and get someone else to fill in for you."

"You don't understand Hyuck, i have to find the killer, I was so close-"
"To getting killed."
"Might as well have, I'm useless at my job. I had a gun and i couldn't even shoot him."

"Don't say that."

"What?" She grumbled through her slump and ran her hands over her face.
"That you should have been killed."
"Yeah but-"

"You know Seyeon, I might not be the nicest but you're always putting yourself down and honestly it won't get you anywhere." He began, walking over and sitting himself on the bed.

She was leaning on it with her forearms and feet on the floor. Seyeon looked up at him to see him looking straight ahead, continuing to talk.

"Yeah you got shot, you can't walk. That's end of, so get your ass up off the bed and you hobble your small self into the office tomorrow I don't care if you were ran over or stabbed I'll shoot you myself." He deadpanned.

Seyeon's jaw dropped and she looked up at him bewildered.
He turned his head down and his eyes pierced into hers.

"I'm kidding, I have crutches."