➥22

Scraping

Scraping.

That's what Seyeon could hear. The male dragged the axe along the floor, the hard stone scraping against the concrete.

His footsteps got louder and louder, it echoed and bounced off the walls making her lungs feel restricted.
Tears slipped out of her eyes uncontrollably and she covered her mouth before a sob could leave her.

She froze as he entered the same room as her, it was deathly quietly aside from the continuous scraping and his footsteps.

He began whistling, laughing to himself slightly and Seyeon became absolutely still as he passed her. She was hid behind large boxes and began praying he wouldn't have seen her.

That's until her phone began to ring once more, Seyeon's heart dropped and the scraping stopped.

She was going to die.

Seyeon's eyes widened at the sound of footsteps pattering towards her, the clicking and scraping beginning again.

She readied herself, praying that someone was around to save he- but she also knew she had to do something- anything.

Mark was hurt, she couldn't be a coward. So she made the irrational decision to stand up from her crouched position.
She came face to face with the man, his hand on the axe and he stood there- masked.

Seyeon held the eye contact and shakily reached into her pocket, pulling out a gun and pointing it at him.
"Don't move." She demanded, swallowing the fear.

She took steps to the side, gun still pointed.
The man didn't move and her head began to spin, adrenaline coursing through her veins.

The gun trembled in her hands, the weight of it making her feel sick to her stomach.
She wasn't a murderer.

"Drop the weapon." She said, voice wavering and the man continued to stare at her.
"Do you think you're brave hm?" He asked lowly, beginning to take steps towards her.

Seyeon's sensed heightened and she began walking back.
"I m-mean it, I'll shoot y-you."

The man nodded, his chuckled condescending.
"Go for it sweetheart." He cocked his head to the side.
"Have you ever shot anyone before?"

"I-i," Seyeon stuttered out in a panic, her eyes falling to the gun and back to the guy.
"Thought so." He derided, advancing on her quickly.

She panicked, her feet taking her backwards until her back hit the wall. She gasped at the contact and helplessly watched as he cornered her.

She still couldn't see him properly, wanting to reach up and take his cap off but she was frozen.
She wanted to do something, she had imagined these scenarios and even after training- she was scared, terrified.

"Seyeon-ah~" he leaned down till his face was next to her ear.
"I wonder if you'll struggle like your friend did hm?" He whispered, pulling his mask down slightly and grinning.

"Because you're next."

Seyeon's anger coursed through her veins and she remembered Mark.
"Where is he?" She growled, jolting forward but she was harshly slammed back into the wall with a hand on her throat.

She glared at him through her hair and he tsked, tucking it behind her ear.
"Stupid girl."
Seyeon was confused for a second but the feeling of a sharp point against her side made her flinch.

He traced the knife on her hipbone until she could feel the pressure breaking through her skin.
Seyeon let out a whimper of pain and the man moved his hand from her neck to her mouth.

She struggled, thrashing around which only made him angrier, slicing the skin harsher.

Hot tears of pain began streaming, agony filled screams covered by his hand.
"I'm going to have so much fun watching you bleed out." He snickered, glancing away slightly to his axe.

Through her pain, she pushed herself off the wall and kneed the man hard, bringing her elbow to smash it into his face.

She didn't even have time to hear the sickening crunch as she ran.
She ran as fast as she could, cupping her side as nauseous ran up her gut.

Every step pained her but she kept going, now hearing the sound of footsteps running after her.

Seyeon's cries fell freely, choking on her sobs as blood began dripping off her fingertips.