➥15

"Are we just meant to wait here?" He deadpanned, shifting in his seat

"Are we just meant to wait here?" He deadpanned, shifting in his seat. Seyeon nodded but kept her sight trained on the building in front of the car.

"The suspect- Jaehyun- should be in there."
"And you want us to wait here?"
"Yep."

Donghyuck blinked at her in disbelief and sighed heavily, rolling the window down and reaching for his lighter.
Seyeon watched in disgust as he began lighting the cigarette and inhaling from it; his eyes caught onto hers.

He held he cigarette out towards her and she eyed it before looking at him.
"I'd rather live a long life thanks."
"Not while I'm here."
"Can you quit it with the murdering jokes- I'm starting to think you're being serious."

"Don't worry your little head too much, I usually go for more interesting people." He said, taking another drag from the cigarette.
Seyeon scoffed and scowled at him, pulling her knees up to her chest as she watched the building.

"Why do you smoke so much?"
"You ask too many questions."
"But it's bad for you, it's not good for your health. It's not a good lifestyle choice."
"I don't really think anything in my life is a good lifestyle choice to be honest." He retorted, sighing and leaning his head back.

Seyeon looked at him and this time she fully examined his features. The moonlight shon down at his melanin skin, illuminating off of him.
"What was your dream job?" She asked softly, watching the stars.

Donghyuck didn't reply for a moment, closing his eyes as he began to reminisce.
"If you laugh I'll throw you into the ocean." He grumbled.
Seyeon pursed her lips to stop the smile on her face and nodded for him to continue.

Donghyuck groaned and ran a hand through his hair.
"I can't believe I'm telling anyone this."
"What is ittt? Come on." She whined, turning her attention to him.

"I wanted to be...ah fuck it I can't."
Seyeon rolled her eyes and shot out her foot to kick him slightly.

Donghyuck's eyes darkened and he sat in shock for a moment.
"Did you just kick me?"
"Perhaps." Her eyes glinted with mischief and she lazily smiled.

"What happened to being scared of me?"
"Oh shut up."
"I can still kill you at any moment you know."
"Sure."
"I'm being serious, I wouldn't even hesitate." He scowled and Seyeon laughed.

"Okay, okay. Now tell me if you see him."