➥47

"Why do you think he's been trying to get close to you hm? He's a gang member and you're a prosecutor Seyeon, he's been taking advantage of you-"

"You're wrong."
"No baby, I'm right. He's always been there at every murder with you, he has connections. Isn't it odd that Leehyun was at his house...but then he was at the warehouse too? He tried to kill you."

"B-but Donghyuck was beating him up at his house."
"Because he failed to murder someone, the woman we found at the police station that day...she didn't die."

"This doesn't make sense..." She said trying to make sense of the situation.
Minkyu sighed and rubbed his temples.
"There's no other answer as to why a gang leader has been trying to get close to you, other than he wants to kill you and escape the law by doing so. It's clever really, get close to a prosecutor so you could cover up his tracks."

Seyeon was conflicted, but she couldn't deny it made sense.
He was a gang leader, she was a prosecutor.

"I bet he calls you all sorts of sweet names to lure you into his trap," he sighed. "He thinks he has control over you...he's only a kid, do you really believe him over me? I've known you since we were young...I watched you grow up."

"Minkyu...you can't be sure-"
"I have proof."

Seyeon looked at him expectingly and Minkyu got out his phone, pressing on a voice recording.

"All I have to do is get on their side, and it will all work out, then Seyeon will-"

Seyeon breathed out in shock.
It was his voice.

"See."
"What did he say next." Seyeon asked desperately and Minkyu sighed and have her a sympathetic smile.
"Please." She asked, pulling on his sleeve, tears lining her eyes.

"Seyeon will fall for me...and I'll use her."

Her cheeks were red and stained with tears. She felt sick, hands shaking and heart racing. Seyeon had driven around for hours on end, unable to find the willpower to face Donghyuck.

She was conflicted but what Minkyu was saying still deep down made sense, no matter how much she liked Donghyuck.

Seyeon leant her head on the steering wheel and sighed, hair falling over her face.

Why would he invite her to stay at his house? A gang members house?

Why would he be so nice to her after being relentlessly cold?

Why would he come to every murder case?

Why take her to the gang medic instead of the hospital?

So there's no traces?

"Ugh!" She yelled out of frustration, hitting the steering wheel and taking a few deep breaths. Seyeon wiped under her eyes, flattened her hair and exited the car.

Once she had made it inside, the house was pretty lively- shouts and laughter coming from the living room.
Seyeon gulped and began walking towards the stairs.

"Seyeon, is that you?" Donghyuck yelled out from the living room and she froze on the first step.
She didn't reply, the lump in her throat growing and chest pounding.

Seyeon winced as she began walking up the stairs, it creaking on impact.
"Where were you?" The voice said and Seyeon stopped on the stairs.

She felt him walk futher into the hallway until he was at the end of the stairs.
"Seyeon?" He asked when there was a lack of reply.

Seyeon's world felt as though it was beginning to close in and her mind raced with the endless possibilities and the words Minkyu was saying.

Donghyuck's eyes narrowed at her unusual and quiet self, expecting her to make a flirty or sarcastic remark.
He began walking up the stairs and at the sound of his steps creaking, Seyeon darted up.

Her ears were ringing and she ran up to the third floor, aware he was running after her.
Seyeon bit her lip as she ran faster, wanting to lock herself in the room.

But that didn't happen.