➥34

I feel like y'all lowkey gonna come for my throat if I didn't update ;)

"Why didn't you go with him?" He asked, leaning against the wall, eyeing Seyeon who was taking money out of the ATM machine

Seyeon didn't answer at first, counting the money and sighing- putting it away in her bag.
"Let's go." She said unenthusiastically, drained.
"You didn't answer my question." He shot back.

"I don't know Hyuck," she began, walking alongside the fearless gang leader down the busy streets.

"I just, I don't know, feel safe around you i guess." She murmured, weaving through people, trying to walk as fast as she could.
They reached a clearing where not many people walked and Donghyuck fell into step with her.

He let out a breathy laugh mixed with a scoff.
"Safe with me? I don't think that's how it works." He said, inhaling deeply and blowing out the puffs of smoke.

"They're bad for you, you know?" Seyeon said, looking up at Donghyuck, his own eyes striking into hers.

"I'm bad for you too."

"So we have another lead?" Seyeon asked, walking over to Jeno. Jeno nodded and gave her pieces of paper to flick through.

"Kim Leehyun?"
"We identified him as the guy at he warehouse and thankfully, we've traced his home."

"Really?" Seyeon asked intrigued, looking over at Mark.
"We'll head over there now."

"So, you're staying with that guy?"
"Donghyuck." Seyeon informed Mark who was drumming his fingers against the steering wheel.

"I've never heard you mention him." Jeno added from the back of the car and Seyeon bit her lip nervously.
"He's just a friend."
"But you're staying with him."
"Because my apartment is wrecked, i have no where else to go."

Mark hesitated slightly.
"Do you like him?"
"Wha- no!" Seyeon gawked, shaking her head. "We're friends."

"Okay." Mark chuckled but shook his head.

"Whatever you say."

That night after examining Leehyun's house, Seyeon managed to take his diary, bringing it back ho- well Donghyuck's house.

With a sigh, she dumped her bags on the floor and began to move but realised it wasn't her house anymore, so she begrudgingly picked them up and hauled them up the stairs.

"Hey Seyeon."
"Hey Lucas." She greeted whilst walking past him.
Seyeon pushed the bedroom door open and her eyes fell across the room for any signs of Donghyuck.
Unfortunately, he was nowhere to be seen and Seyeon walked over to his unused desk, remembering his office we downstairs.

"Hope he doesn't mind." She muttered, sprawling her stuff across the desk, discarding of his jacket and tying her hair up.
"Now, time to work." She said unenthusiastically.
"Yay."