➥71

"No one was there, but I found this

"No one was there, but I found this." Johnny said as he walked into the room.
Seyeon looked up and took the bag of evidence from him.

"A seam ripper?"
Johnny nodded and Seyeon's eyes widened.
"Who lives there?"
"It's abandoned, I think they left after the attack."
"Oh."

Seyeon sighed and nodded, rubbing her temples.
"Thank you Johnny."
"No problem Yeon."

The sound of her phone ringing cut through the air and she was quick to answer it.
"Come to Jeno's, now."

"What's so urgent?" Seyeon asked as she stepped out of the car and greeted Mark and Jeno at the scene.
Luckily, Jeno had been missed of any severe injuries, arm in a cast and wounded side.

Seyeon's eyes flickered between the two and Mark shook his head. She decided against it and followed Jeno into the apartment.
"I don't think the investigation team searched over here," Jeno began, walking towards the window.

"I saw the man here, his back was turned...he must have dropped this." Jeno said, pointing to the floor.
Seyeon looked at the handkerchief on the floor, coated with blood.

She crouched down, picking it up by the edge and holding it up, looking at the letters engraved onto it.

N.C.P.D

"What..." Seyeon trailed off, racking her brain of any correlation.
Jeno shrugged and went to sit on the sofa.
"There were definitely two guys."

"I know, but we have no leads... except Kim Doyoung."
"Kim Doyoung, the one who lives..."
"Yeah, he came to give a statement, a false one at that."

Seyeon took a sip of her coffee as she walked into the house.
"Hey love."
"Oh hey Hyuck, I thought you were out today?"

"Business got cancelled." He said, walking over to her and giving her a short kiss before taking her bag from her hand.
"Anything new?" He asked, sitting down at the sofa with her

Seyeon shook her head but then turned towards Donghyuck.
"Do you know what N.C.P.D is?"
Donghyuck furrowed his brows and racked his brain for anything related but shook his head.

"It can't be someone's initials...a company maybe?"
"Shit you're right, like a company handkerchief?"
"Yeah...I'm guessing it's Neo City...Neo College...Neo Coffee shop- endless possibilities." Donghyuck said and Seyeon laughed.
"What barrister has time to murder."

Donghyuck shrugged and ran a hand through his hair before turning to the girl with a jolt.
"Wait, I know!"

"Seyeon!" Johnny exclaimed as he rushed in, wide eyed. Seyeon looked up from her computer.
"What?" She asked confused and Johnny place papers on her desk..

"The handkerchief, the DNA was only Jeno's blood...no other fingerprints."
"Damn it." Seyeon huffed out frustrated and ran a hand over her face.
Johnny sighed and nodded.
"We keep finding useless evidence."

"Don't worry Johnny, I'm sure we'll find who it was soon."