➥14

"We have our first suspect that will be questioned soon

"We have our first suspect that will be questioned soon...trouble is, we can't reach him. So-"
"I'll do it." Seyeon interjected, flashing a convincing smile to the officers.

"We aren't really allowed to let anyone go without backup." The male said and Seyeon laughed and tucked her hair behind her ear.
"Oh please," she began, eyes falling to his name tag. "Jyunho, can I call you that?- anyway...you wouldn't want anyone to find out about your little secret would you?" She began sweetly before leaning in slightly.

"I'm sure your wife would be surprised to hear about your affair with the female officer-"
"You can go! I'll just..."
"Not mention it?"
The male hesitated but gave in, sighing and nodding.
"Thanks Jyunho, appreciate it." Seyeon winked and sauntered out of the room, her hair swaying as she did so.

"You're shit at convincing people." The voice stated as he fell into step with the girl, his neutral face making Seyeon shake her head.
"I told you to smile more-"
"If you tell me what to do one more time I'll-" Donghyuck began through his teeth, pausing as he noticed a young boy looking up at them with wide eyes.

Donghyuck's eyes flickered from the boy and back to Seyeon, unwillingly biting back his threat and scowling as he turned away and began walking towards the car.

Donghyuck sighed as his phone began to ring, pulling it out and placing it to his warm
"What?" He barked out, irritated.
"...are you fucking kidding me?
You had one job- you think this is me angry? Listen you little shit, I will ruin your fucking life before you even- are you threatening me?"

Seyeon reached the car, slowing down as she heard parts of his conversation. His hand still gripped the door handle tightly as he hissed down the phone.

"You're fucking done for." Is all he said before he clicked the call off and harshly shoved the phone into his pocket.

"So..." Seyeon started through the awkward silence.
"Let's get to know each other."

"No." Donghyuck said, looking out of the passenger side window. Seyeon gasped at his rude reply but continued talking anyway.
"Did you really mean it when you said you would kill me?" She asked genuinely, frowning as she recalled it.

Donghyuck leant his head back on the headrest and turned slightly so his eyes stared into the side of her face.
They reached the red light and Seyeon shifted, turning her head towards him at the lack of his reply.

"Are you scared of me?" He spoke, tilting his head slightly, eyes trying to analyse her reaction.

Seyeon shifted again, turning her head and eyes back to the road. Her fingers fidgeted with the steering wheel and Donghyuck watched her every move.
"Y-yes." She admitted, gulped down the fear in her voice.

Donghyuck hummed and turned back to face the window, watching as people walked by.
"You hide it well then." He commented, leaning his head on the window.

"You scare me but..."
"What?"
"You intrigue me I guess." She shrugged, yawning and running a hand through her hair.
"I didn't know Gang Leaders intrigued you."
"You learn something new everyday- I'm kidding." She laughed and smiled to herself.

"You're not as bad as I thought a Gang Leader would be."
"What were you expecting?"
"I don't know...you're quite chill I guess- aside from when you constantly threaten my life. I guess what I see in my training is completely different."

"You know, I think you trust people too easily. What if I just stabbed you right now?"
"Oh- uh..."
"See? Too nice. Your response should be that you'd take action and possibly use your power and authority." Donghyuck pointed out.

"I couldn't possibly take action, have you seen me?" She cried out, pointing down at herself.
"Im 5'4 and as much as I go to the gym, I haven't got the muscles for it."

Donghyuck tsked and it earned her attention.
"What?"

"Just." He shrugged. "You seem like you have a smart brain- you'd know mentality overpowers physicality."
"Yeah but..."
"You're not assertive or brave enough to, yeah I know."
"Is it that obvious?" She asked, looking over at him.

"You should have more self confidence." He told her, he could see right through her façade, her insecurities began to rise and honestly- he didn't really know what to do.
Not that he really cared anyway.

"I do have confidence...I just- I don't like coming across as weak you know?" She shrugged and Donghyuck didn't reply, allowing her to continue as he slightly listened.

"The adrenaline of my job is so amazing, thrilling but, as soon as I come face to face with the culprits- it's like they see right through me and-"

"You should probably breathe before you pass out, and I'd rather kill you when you're awake."

Seyeon breathed out a laugh and rolled her eyes, already knowing it was a joke.
"You could just be caring, without the extra violence."
"I thought talking about violence intrigues you." He joked, his tone still emotionless and cold but nevertheless, it was an improvement.

Maybe they were getting somewhere.