TCHS Part 17

Agan seemed to have a look of confusion upon his face.

"Was what all a dream?", he asked.

"I-I think I had a nightmare, or something, I guess," she replied. "But, it seemed so real."  She kept looking around the tent. It looked exactly the same before she had gone to bed. There wasn't any evidence that would suggest that half human snake man had abducted her.

"I dreamt that the Naga King abducted, and forced me to marry.", she said.

"Naga King?", said Agan, as he furrowed his brow, while looking at her. "How many times do I have to tell all of you that there is no such thing?  I think between the legends surrounding this area, the snake bite you got last night, your reaction to the anti venom shot, and what John tried to do last night messed with your head.  By the way, I want you to know that he will be dealt with. I'm going to recommend that he be expelled from the university. Also I'll support you one hundred percent, if you want to press charges against him with the local authorities."

"Thanks," she replied. "I guess you're right, but it seemed so real."  Hailey continued to feel confused. It hadn't seemed like a dream at all. Everything that had occurred, felt like it had actually happened. But how could it have been real?  Maybe he was right, maybe the dream manifested itself because of everything that had transpired.

"Well, I have to admit," he said. "You've peaked my peaked my curiosity.  What exactly happened in the dream?"

"Well, I wasn't the only one who was abducted.", she explained. "We all were.  He ripped out everyone's heart, except your's. I guess his father was a snake god, or something. You were the final sacrifice, and were thrown into a powerful green fire while you were still alive."

"Ouch," said Agan with a playful smile. "None of those deaths sound very pleasant. Why were we sacrificed, and what so special about me?"

"After the Naga forced me to marry him," she began. "He offered the hearts to his father in exchange for granting me immortality. I don't know, something about the heart being the life force."

"Hmm," replied Agan. "I've studied many ancient cultures. There were many that believed that. But why was my demise different that the others?"

"Because that was what the Naga King's father demanded of him." She said. "But it was a trick, because you were the true Naga King. The sacrifices brought you back, not as a human, but as a naga. You basically looked the same, above the waist. Except your fingers were more like claws, and you had four arms."

"Um, okay." He replied with a confused look. "I don't know if I should feel horrified, or flattered. On the one hand I might interpret your dream to mean that you see me as a monster. On the other hand both nagas, and nagins, were known as creatures of great beauty. I would rather like to believe it was the latter. I would never want you to fear me, Hailey. I didn't try and hurt you in your dream, did I."

"No.", she replied, as she soon began to blush.  "You killed the other naga, and then tried to force me to marry you. You were going to breed me, to create a new race of nagas. Then you were going to try and take over the world." 

Hailey couldn't believe she had just told him that. She wondered what he must have thought of her. She wanted to let him know how she felt about him, but this might not have been the best way. Agan had a shocked look on his face. He was obviously feeling uncomfortable. But he soon began to smile, and let out a hearty laugh.

"What's so funny?" She asked as she chuckled back at him.  He looked at her, as he shook his head continuing to smile.

"Oh nothing." He replied. "Just the though of me taking over the world. I can barely run my own life, let alone everyone else's. Well I can assure your was all a dream. We are all alive, and well. And there are no Naga Kings trying to abduct you, including myself. Although, I could understand why."