BCoWYW Part 12

(I do not own the pictures above,or below.)
*************************************
Once again, John and Hope were headed back towards the Chamberlain estate. As John kept driving, there was nothing but dead silence. Hope just kept staring out the window, still in disbelief about everything that had transpired.

"Are you alright?' He asked her.

"I'm fine." She replied. "It's just that—you know what? You were right about him. He is a horrible person, and I hope I never see him again. Nothing good ever came from him."

"Oh I can think of one thing." Replied John.

"Really what's that?" She said with a sarcastic chuckle.

"You." He Replied with a smile.

"Okay, I'll give you that one." She said as she returned his smile.

They soon pulled up to the house, as John unbuckled his seat belt. Hope's stomach began to tighten in knots, as she couldn't help have an ominous feeling about being there.

"Which room is your's?" He asked.

"The third door, on the left." She told him. "At the top of the stairs."

"Okay." He replied as he started to open the car door. But all of a sudden she grabbed his arm.

"Wait!" She exclaimed. "I'm still not sure this is a good idea!"

"Are you still worried about a genie?" He asked. "Even with everything you just found out about your father?"

"Even though he was a criminal." Hope replied. "It still doesn't explain what happened. I mean if he gave me the bottle it would be one thing, but you said it was in a safety deposit box at the bank. You were the one who gave it to me."

"You would be amazed at what con artist can do." He replied. "Maybe he found a way to get inside the bank vault, or maybe he got to it when it was in my car during the memorial service. Perhaps I should check it to see if there is some kind of camera, or microphone, that he was able to hide inside of it."

"No." She said. "Please, I just want to be rid of that thing. I want nothing more to do with this house, or my family. I didn't really have time to unpack. If you go to my room, you can just grab my bag. We could just stop at the drugstore on the way back to your place, to pick up some toiletries."

"Okay." He replied with a caring smile. "I love you."

"I love you too." She told him, as she returned his smile. Hope could feel the tears welling up in her eyes, as she handed him her house key. For this was the first time in her life that she actually felt loved. He gave her a quick peck on the cheek, before getting out of the car.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As John unlocked the front door, a creaking sound of the door opening reverberated throughout the house. He couldn't get over how cold and empty it had felt. No wonder Hope had felt so lonely all the time. Well it didn't matter anymore, because she had him now.

"Hello!" He yelled. "Any genies in here?"

Guess not! He thought as his voice echoed through the house. As he headed for the stairs, he heard what sounded like a party. It started out faint, but all of a sudden, the sounds of music and party goers seemed to be getting louder. It was coming from the ballroom.

What the hell? He wondered. Did someone break in here?

Felling angry about the even the very thought of it, he marched towards the door, and pushed it opened with anger and great fervor.