ItDoHCH Finale

(I do not own the picture above.)
****************************************
Alicia couldn't believe her eyes. He was gorgeous! To top it all off, he was a psychiatrist with extremely high credentials. How was this man not married? He probably didn't have to be, he probably went through women the same way a baby went through diapers. And more than likely, probably treated them as such.

"It's nice to meet you, um Doctor, um." She started to say, "I'm sorry, I've already forgotten your name?"

"Please." he replied with a beautiful smile. "Let's just skip the formalities. Just feel free to call me Alan. May I call you Alicia?"

"Well if we are skipping the formalities, I'm fine with Alicia." She replied.

"Um, I have some work to do." Said Ophelia. "I'll just leave you two alone, and make sure that your are not disturbed."

"Thanks you, Ophelia." Replied Alicia. As she left she gave Alicia a quick smile, as if she was giving her a hint of approval.

"Would you like to sit down?" Alicia asked Alan. She gestured to a couple of wingback chairs close to the fireplace.

"Actually my legs are a bit tired, I think I should take a seat." He replied as he sat in one of the chairs. "You have a lovely home. It's very impressive."

"Thank you." She said, as she sat in the other chair. "This is the study, but my husband. I uh-I mean my late husband used this for his home office." As soon as she said it, she could feel the tears well up within her eyes.

"I'm sorry." She cried. "It's just so hard being here. I have such happy memories of this house. But now all that it is to me, is a sad reminder of everything that I've lost."

"Please don't apologize." He said. "My job is to help you overcome this horrendous tragedy. Your letting go like this, will actually make my job a lot easier." He then leaned forward, and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"I'm going to help you get through this." He told her. "I promise."

"Thank you." She replied as she smiled at him. "I have to be honest, I wasn't to keen on having to find a new psychiatrist. I feel like I had made a lot of progress with Dr. Bowman. He was my rock the last few months, I just can't believe he suffered a fatal heart attack. I mean I know that he was sixty, but that's somewhat young for a massive coronary. I mean maybe if he was someone who never took care of himself, but that man was a healthy as a horse."

"There's many things in life that just can't be explained." he told her. "The best we can do is go on with our lives."

"Please." She said as she gave him a sarcastic chuckle. "I haven't been able to go on with my life since that fateful night, when most my family was killed. It's kind of hard to do that when your late husband's greedy brother has you locked up in a sanitarium for nine months."

"Yes I heard about that." He replied. "How did that come about anyway?"

"Let's just say my dear brother-in-law wasn't too happy to find out, that I was alive." She explained. "That meant that my late husband's entire estate reverted back to me. Having me locked up in an insane asylum disguised at a five star resort, prevented that form happening. He especially didn't like the idea of Holly being alive. Because I kept insisting on it, he had me committed. He bribed a judge to have me declared incompetent, while at the same time being diagnosed as delusional. Of course it was much easier to bribe a judge, if you're sleeping with her. That's why I owe so much to Dr. Bowman. he stood up for me. He's the one who got the ball rolling on petitioning the court to have me declared competent, and to have me discharged."