AHaCaS Part 17

(I do not own any of the images in these stories.)
*************************************************
Cali was franticly getting ready for dinner. It had only been a couple of days, but she had dearly missed her uncle. The very man who had saved her life. The truth was, that if he hadn't entered her life when he did, she probably would have killed herself. However, she never revealed this to her uncle.

Of course she was nervous about the entire evening. Her uncle probably didn't care for Gabriel, and rightfully so. It's kind of difficult to like someone who was planning on shooting you in the head. Also, due to the circumstances of how they met, her uncle probably didn't like her being with Gabriel in the first place.

But perhaps Rosy was right, maybe deep down Gabriel was a decent person. Maybe she should give him a chance. He obviously had a caring side, he had shown it too her at least a couple of times. And what he did for her last night was sweet, although he was the one responsible for upsetting her. But in truth, if it hadn't been for her scars, she would have let him continue.

She looked at herself in the mirror, as she had decided to wear simple blue cocktail dress. After all, it was just dinner, and drinks.

"Well don't you look beautiful

"Well don't you look beautiful."Gabriel said with a smile. "Rosy is right, she does have great taste."

As usual, he just seemed to come out of nowhere.

She retuned his smile, "You look quite handsome yourself." 

"What, this old thing?" He replied as he looked down at his simple business attire. He then shot her a playful wink, as he made her chuckle little bit. "You know Songbird, you really do have beautiful smile."

"Thank you." She said as she began to blush. "I have to admit. I'm not used to wearing such expensive clothes. It feels a little strange."

"Nonsense." He replied. "You were named after a goddess, you should be dressed as one."  He then made his way towards the bathroom. But along the way, he gave her a quick slap on her behind. Her eyes widened, as she gasped, surprised by his obviously playful gesture. When she turned to look at him, he had a wicked smile on his face. Looking into each other's eyes, they both started to laugh.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As Gabriel made his way into the bathroom, he immediately locked the door. He did not want his songbird to know what he was planning. He then took out his smartphone, and called his lawyer.

"Hello." The lawyer said as he answered Gabriel's call.

"Giovanni, it's Gabriel." He told him.

"Y-yes, Mr. Esposito." Giovanni replied. "How-how may I help you?"

"I need you to look into a case that happened, in New York, seven years ago." Gabriel answered. "One that involved a man by the name of Carl Jenkins."