AHaCaS Part 18

(I do not own any of the images in these stories.)
*************************************************

"Oh my god!" Cried Cali. "I wasn't just dreaming, was I?  Both last bight, and in Paris, you promised to always protect me. That's how you got to Paris as quickly as you did. You followed us there, while you were in the form of a gargoyle, you were watching us the whole time."

"Songbird?" He whispered. "In case I don't make it."

"No!" She cried. "You promised to always protect me! I'm holding you to that vow!"

"If I am to die." He pleaded with tears in his eyes. "Then let the last thing I hear be your beautiful singing voice."

Cali nodded as they both continued to cry, and began to sing. It was the same song that he had heard her sing, at the gas station. Gently she took his head, and held it in her lap. She lightly caressed his face, as she continued to sing for him. He smiled, as her tears fell upon his face. He just had to be okay, he was the answer to the prayer she made as a child.

"Where is he?" She heard a man exclaim.

"He's in the back room!" She heard Anton reply. "Hurry, before the police get here!"  Anton was normally so calm, and quiet, Cali was taken aback by how intense he was now acting.

The doctor burst in the room, carrying a medical bag. His eyes widened as soon as he saw Gabriel. "Oh my god!" The doctor exclaimed. "It's already started! We don't have much time!  Get him on the stretcher, now!"

A couple men came in carrying the stretcher. Cali smiled as the tears continued stream down her face.

"See, you're going to be okay." She told him a s she continued to cradle his head.

"I can't treat him, until we get in the van." The doctor exclaimed, as he pushed to the side. "Out of my way lady!  We need to get him on the stretcher, now!"

"Don't talk to her like that, or treat her like that again!" Gabriel exclaimed as he started to cough.

"Um, y-yes sir." The doctor replied. "My apologies Miss. But we really need to leave now, before it is too late."

"I understand." She told him. She then got up, and let whom she assumed were EMT's place him on the stretcher. With that, Gabriel was soon lifted off the ground. All of a sudden, police sirens could be heard in the background.

"We have to leave now." Said Anton. "Out the back door. This way Mr. Russo, Miss Russo." 

As they hurried out the door. Cali saw Gabriel being placed into a mysterious black van. As the got closer, Anton took her hand, and helped inside. The doctor, her uncle, and Anton made their way in the van as well. Anton immediately, shut the door, as the so the EMT's got up front. Soon they all began to drive away.

The doctor then took out a hypodermic needle, and used it to extract some gold colored serum form a vail. He prepared it, and began to inject the serum into Gabriel's neck. But to Cali's horror, Gabriel had completely turned to stone.

"What did you do?" She cried. "You killed him."

"Calm down, Miss!"  The doctor replied. "I didn't kill him, he's just in stasis. I promise. It's a special serum made just for him. It was made from his blood when he took Gargoyle form. It was the only way I could keep him form dying. If I hadn't put him into status, we wouldn't get to the clinic in time. I can do surgery there, but I can't take care of the bleeding until we get there. Hopefully we can save his life. I have both his human blood, and his gargoyle blood on hand in case of any emergencies like this. So, we won't have to worry about finding any blood donors."