ItDoHCH Part 2

The merman, the last Atlantan, had been swimming towards the surface of the water. He was surveying his territory, but coming dangerously close to the border. But he had to make sure that the Cacaelia brothers didn't dare stick one tentacle, cross the border, into his waters. 

Centuries ago, a civil war had broken out between the two species. Mainly it was over what to do about the infestation, above the waters, known as mankind. Both the Atlantans, and the Cecaelians, saw them as a possible destructive force. They both feared what would happen if man found out about their existence. But while the Atlantans wanted to continue to keep their existence a secret, the Cacaelians wanted to try and conquer the land dwellers.

The mer people found it impractical and pointless. They had there own kingdoms to rule, let alone worry about the land above them. Plus it seemed like a waste of resource, and too much bloodshed. Both their own, and the humans that dwelled above them. True, they didn't trust man, feared him even, but it wasn't enough to try and bring destruction upon him. But they couldn't let the Cacaelians conquer man either.

The Atlantans and the Cacaelians had always had a tremulous relationship, even before the civil war.  But their kingdoms had always stayed out of each other's affairs. But as man had grown stronger, and started interfering more with the oceans, fear erupted on both sides.

The Cacaelians decided to attack the land dwellers, and asked the Atlantans to join and fight with them. But the king of Atlantis refused. He feared that is man would bring down destruction on both kingdoms, even if the Cacaelians attacked mankind without his kingdoms help. But there was another reason. He didn't trust the Cacaelians.

If the Cacaelians had been successful, with or without the Atlantans help, then Atlantis would be their next conquest. And when the Atlantan king refused to join the Cacaelian kings efforts, the Cacaelian king showed his disappointment by killing the Atlantan king with his trident. And that is when the great civil war of the sea began.

The ruler of each kingdom, each had their own trident. They were both gifts form Poseidon himself. Their purpose was to protect each kingdom, for the world above, but not to be used against one another. Poseidon became furious. As mankind was thriving above the waters, the sea dwellers were killing one another below.

To punish them he destroyed the kingdom of Atlantis, and the kingdom of Cacaelia. He only spared the lives of the royal family members, and made each royal family immortal. It was a way to keep them alive, but to live with their guilt over what happened. And to live with the loneliness.

A magical border was then placed between the two kingdoms. If either member of each kingdom entered the other's, then they would become vulnerable. Also any royal family member was vulnerable to being killed within their own territory, if it was committed by a member of their own family. That was how the Cacaelia brother's came to power. They had killed their own parents to claim the thrown.

However if a linage was eradicated on either side, then the rulers of the other side would have domain over the entire sea. The Atlantan merman, and the Cacaelian octomen knew that it would mean certain death if they crossed into each other's territories. So for the most part they avoided one another.

However the Atlantan knew to always keep an eye on them. He knew they were always trying to figure out ways to destroy him, and take over what little was left of the once great kingdom. It was too bad, really that they couldn't trust one another. Only the three of them were left from what was once two great civilizations.

He had tried in the past since there were so few of them were still alive. But it had been a mistake. He had been betrayed, ever since they took—

All of a sudden he heard a strange sound. Was that a woman crying?  It was coming from above the surface. There was a large boat that was right on top of the border. Usually he didn't dare go above the surface, but it was nighttime. Surely the humans wouldn't see him.

As he poked his head through the water, and looked towards the direction from which the crying sound was coming. He couldn't believe his eyes, she was beautiful. As the moonlight illuminated her golden locks, and her enchanting tear stained face, he couldn't take his eyes off of her. But why was she crying?

Who is this captivating enchantress that has stolen my heart?  I've never seen a woman of such beauty. She could have easily put any mermaid to shame. If I didn't know any better, I would think she was Aphrodite herself.  If only I could get a better look at her body. I can't understand why she would want cover it up like that, such a waste. Why would she want to hide it?

He had never scene a human before, his father told him that they were nothing more that hairless apes. But she was much more than that. More that anything he wanted to hold her, to comfort her, to love her. As he closed his eyes, even though he was somewhat far away from her, he was able to get a whiff of intoxicating sent.

Her creamy skin looked as though it would have been soft to the touch. What might it feel like to have her soft naked body pressed next to his? Or to taste her plump ruby lips, and run his fingers through her silken locks of gold? Did he dare approach her, and risk exposure to the human world?  How would she react?  She would probably be frightened of him. But he had been lonely for so long.  Maybe if—?

"Hey Holly Hobby!" A voice cried out to her. "Whatcha doing out here all by yourself?"

To his dismay, a human male had approached her. He ducked under water, so that he wouldn't see him. Unfortunately that meant he couldn't hear their conversation. But he could see the expression on the goddess's face, when the human male approached her. Her eyes lit up, and her beauty was now shining tenfold.

In all likelihood the hairless ape was probably her mate. Why else would she look at him like that? His disappointment was only further realized, when the two of them were soon locked within a lover's embrace. Feeling heartbroken he decided to swim away.

It was probably for the best. Humans can't breath underwater, and his would never be able to walk on land. Still, before her mate arrived, he had considered taking her to his private cave. It was next to a tiny island known only to him. He would have made her very happy there, but it would have been selfish of him to take her from her world just like that. Just like—all of a sudden he heard a terrible crashing sound.

As his head came back to the surface, he became horrified by what he saw. A giant squid was attacking the boat. Screams of terror were emanating from the ship, as the squid was breaking it apart. He knew it was them. They were doing this, and he knew why.

They must have also seen her, and they wanted her for themselves. Only they would be that selfish. He had to save her, he couldn't let her fall into their filthy clutches. So as fast as he could, he made his way back to the doomed ship. Perhaps it would be selfish of him to take her from her world. But it was still better that letting her her fall into their perverted hands.

**********************************************************************